Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen, need help D:

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 endoftheend

endoftheend

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

So I was playing Black Desert Online yesterday, suddenly the game freezes, I try to tab out of the game but the computer is completely frozen, 10 seconds later it tabs me out but then huge blocky lines comes crossing diagonally over my monitor. I restart my computer and everything seems normal, I open players unknown battlegrounds to test if it happens again. Everything runs smoothly until I actually find a match, after 5 seconds of being in the lobby waiting for the airplane thingy everything crashes, on my monitor it says "No signal input found", but my computer is still turned on. Now the day after it happened, I can turn my computer on but theres weird lines thats almost transparent in a blue(ish) color scattered around my entire montior, when I open a dark page on my browser they turn transparent(ish) just that they're kind of white so that dark parts of the page disappears. Now just before I posted this my computer crashed just from being on microsoft edge for 2 minutes.

Update: my computer wont start at all anymore unless i run it in safemode

Video of what happens when i turn on my computer, the computer is still turned on, but it just shows a black screen:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 endoftheend

endoftheend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

i have a laptop and a USB and my computer runs perfectly fine in safe mode so if i need to install something thats not a problem

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:38 PM

The 2 most often "fixes" are:
- video driver updates, and

- System Restore  to a point before the problem started happening.

And, just another thought, is your graphics card overheating?  Is the cooler clean and free of dirt?  Is the fan spinning?

Have you tried either/both of them?

Another option (from Safe Mode) is to try a repair install of Windows.

I haven't tried it from Safe Mode - but it's better than having to wipe the system and start over.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 endoftheend

endoftheend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

The 2 most often "fixes" are:
- video driver updates, and

- System Restore  to a point before the problem started happening.

And, just another thought, is your graphics card overheating?  Is the cooler clean and free of dirt?  Is the fan spinning?

Have you tried either/both of them?

Another option (from Safe Mode) is to try a repair install of Windows.

I haven't tried it from Safe Mode - but it's better than having to wipe the system and start over.

i checked the temperature of my hardware after the crash in my BIOS and everything was on 50 degree celsius so it isnt that. I system restored to 7 hours before the problem occured, it let me normal boot my computer again but as soon as i launched a game it crashed again. i did the ddu thingy like 3 hours ago, it let me normal boot the computer again but the second i started installing drivers for my gpu it crashed again.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:45 AM

I have to wonder if it's a problem with the video card.

Please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please start with the video tests, but run all of the tests and let us know the results.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 JoelMiles925

JoelMiles925

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

That looks like a GPU failure to me. I've seen them before and they often start with odd screen effects before they go completely...

#7 endoftheend

endoftheend
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

i factory resetted my computer and still having the problem, so i guess it's a hardware problem and not a driver problem. i'm getting my GPU switched out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users