Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I ok running these programs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mingshen

mingshen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hello.. I am running Windows Vista via laptop. I have AVG (free), Malwarebytes antimalware, Malwarebytes Anti-exploit, Zemana Anti-malware.  I am also running Mozilla Firefox, even tho I recently found out Mozilla is either stopping or will stop support for Vista. The only reason I have Vista is because Chrome stopped support and there is a website (semantica-portuguese) that uses Chrome and Vista for video playback. I am searching for another browser that is compatible. But I am on a tangent. My question is AVG, Malwarebytes (both), and Zemana, good combinations for my computer or do you see conflicts? I must add, I was able to play all videos for semantica-portuguese but now I am having trouble with pages not able to load properly or video playbacks at times on other sites. Any help you can give to me will be helpful. I must say tho, if you ask me anything technical, or how to do something like send a log or something, I may or may not be able to understand what you are talking about. Tech savvy I am not.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

There should be no conflict.

One real-time (always running and scanning) antivirus product, and one real-time antimalware product is sufficient.

Others can be used as "second-opinion" scanners.

The real issue may be the resources (CPU/memory) all of these products use.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:41 PM

there is a website (semantica-portuguese) that uses Chrome and Vista for video playback

It may be that I am misunderstanding something here but I don't see why you should need Chrome and Vista to use this learning program and its videos. It should be possible to access this material using almost any OS and any browser, it is after all available via iTunes so it must work on Apples for example.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 mingshen

mingshen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

No Chris , you did not misunderstand. I made errors typing quickly from a cellphone.. I meant to put using Chrome or Mozilla. The original website out of Brazil is set up a certain way in what they use.. I prefer to use the website with all the tests, and chat and test results, questions and interaction vs itunes. But I solved the problem through trial and error, then submission to an obvious answer. Thanks for your interest. My main question about did I have too much on my laptop was answered tho.. Since deleting that one malware, my laptop runs better.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Ah, typos - we've all made them !

From the way you had put it it seemed that there was the implication that you had to use Vista and I could find no OS restriction on the Semantica web-site. But I am glad that your original question has got a satisfactory answer.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users