Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to logon with Admin acct

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pcbug

pcbug

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

I only have one administrator level acct on my PC (next time I'll create multiple) and I am unable to logon to that acct. My local acct still works fine but obviously I can't perform all functions. 

The exact error message is "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."[/size]

I have attempted using system restore and the command prompt from the local account but when I attempt to run as admin and enter my password I get error messages there as well.

Is there any way to create a new Admin acct or fix the corrupted one to allow full access to the PC?

Edited by Platypus, 02 July 2017 - 09:11 PM.
Moved to Win 10 forum on supposition, please advise if you are using a different OS version.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 AM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:27 PM

You could try entering safe mode by pressing f8 when you turn on your computer.  Make sure to select safe mode with networking and then try to restore of your system.

#3 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:14 AM

Use built in administrator account and make so many new accounts or change what You have dream to change.

#4 pcbug

pcbug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Is there a way to recover the files (pictures) from my original admin acct if I'm still encountering the following error? The exact error message is "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

#5 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

You can use bootable live Knoppix to recover your personal files.

Please follow the instruction at Microsoft website to repair user account profile.

"You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error message"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/947215/you-receive-a-the-user-profile-service-failed-the-logon-error-message

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users