Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Access denied to disk drive System C: & D:

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bbamse

bbamse

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:14 PM

Hello. 

So i was going to restrict what my guest account could access in the files system. I changed the rights to open the disks C: and D:. The C: drive is system windows drive. 

Now here's the case .. I locked my own ass out cool.gif I know, how cool im i bergenser.gif cheers. 

It seems i lost my own admin right's and now i have problem running programs bevcuse c drive is in lockdown. 

I would like to crack it open. Lets have fun.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,630 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:42 PM

You will need another computer to run Lazesoft Recover Windows Password. Create a bootable CD or USB flash drive. You may need to disable SecureBoot and Quickboot/Fastboot in your UEFI settings. Home edition is free.

Boot Lazesoft and enable the Adminstrator Account.

http://www.lazesoft.com/how-to-reset-administrator-password.html

After unblocking the Adminsitrator Password you should be able to login to the Adminstrator Account and back out of your changes.

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:37 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Let me guess, you used the Deny permission.  You should be able to take ownership of the drive and work the rest of it from there.

#4 bbamse

bbamse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:05 PM

So what i did: 

- Got into PC repair mode

- Changed the file name of CMD to work on the setch command (tapping shift 5 times)
- Restart

- Got to windows login screen, here i hit the bleep to get the CMD running

- Activated the hidden user account and retreevd password to the other account be using /random. 
- I also used the command "takeown" to add rights to the local administrators group over C://windows/system32

Result: FAIL (fail to take own of C: & D: disk, still locked)

So next i downloaded new OS on another machine and installed it.

Result: Positive 
- Go control over C disk (dah, i just deleted the thing, so  you know, it happend) But antoher thing
- when i had this under control i now could force ownership of D: disk, where i had my files stored. 

So gratz to me and tnx 

JohnC_21
and 
Kilroy for comment's. 

Now i am going to do the same thing once more. Couse im am sure i could get thru without installing new OS, since i had control to the CMD on login and DOS. if you want to taggle along, say hey. tnx again. exuse the english.

Edited by bbamse, 05 July 2017 - 12:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users