Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer has lost it's mind!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:24 AM

I am running Windows 10 on my Samsung AIO listed in my signature. I am not sure what is going on,but I suspect a major hardware failure. The machine boots incorrectly over and over, becomes unresponsive,Windows now tells me my Windows 10 is not activated, the screen saver is going a hundred miles an hour, it's opening and closing programs, all of my email has suddenly decided to redownload from the server from 4 months ago - 13,000 emails. It seems to run ok when I first turn it on-but then starts going nuts after it has been on for a while. I think it may be demon possesed. HAHA! Anyway , I have done a full virus scan and run malwarebytes aand come up negatory on both. Any ideas? Anyone? I have other computers,so this is not a matter of life and death, i just have never run into this issue before- comments are welcome and appreciated! Thanks! Paul

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 12:56 AM

The My PC Specifications temp on the CPU is 122 degrees, and 131 degrees on the Graphics card.

Heat is likely causing the issue.

Edited by jwoods301, 02 July 2017 - 12:58 AM.

#3 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:59 PM

That was one of my suspicions- maybe the fan  has gone out. I don't know if it is worth the money to send it in to Samsung for repair the hardware monitor shows the fan is working ,but maybe not! It is not self serviceable to the best of my knowledge. Samsung will probably charge me a fortune to fix it,providing they will even service it. They don't make those AIO computers anymore- now I know why!

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 03:10 PM

You could try blowing out any dust through the vents and see if that helps.

#5 MasterNe0

MasterNe0

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:12 PM

can also try the old "point a portable fan' at your desktop tower. Leave the side panels of your tower opened and have a fan blow at it to see if it helps.

#6 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:40 AM

Well, my suspicions were correct,either the MOBO or processor has failed. It won't even boot into EUFI. I even tried to reinstall from the Windows CD. All i get is the Samsung splash screen. I called Samsung to see what it would cost to have it repaired,and to me , it's just not worth it. Over 250.00-- so now to find a nice dumpster I can throw it into,or take it apart and at least save the hard drive.I think it's 500 GB. I'll put it in an external closure and use it as a backup drive.

I built a new AMD machine back in November-December when I first started having issues with the Samsung. I will delete the Samsung from my signature and post the specs for my AMD FX8320. 32Gigs of RAM and dual Radeon 370 Graphics cards. I've been meaning to post about it for a while now-- 

I am a little disappointed though with Samsung,I've always been a fan of their tech- all my phones have been Samsung Galaxy,I guess their venture into computers didn't do as well-

#7 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

The My PC Specifications temp on the CPU is 122 degrees, and 131 degrees on the Graphics card.

Edited by paul88ks, 07 July 2017 - 12:43 AM.

#8 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:46 AM

Do you have a question?

#9 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:32 AM

I was trying to reply to you earlier,but for whatever reason I couldn't reply on the BC forum- anyway,you were right. The computer is history now probably from over heating. I should have picked up on that-

#10 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,251 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:03 PM

Good catch, but why would this be an issue when the T-case is 72.7°C, and the pc is at 50 °C, this is not cause for catastrophe IMO.  Graphics temps don't look all that bad either, More likely something else is wrong.

I used to love Samsung also, but these days would stay away from their stuff as far as pc's go, their phones seem to be very good.  Usually Paul, the AIO's are easy to get into and remove the HDD if you want to toss it into the recycle bin.  I would play around with it a little to see if you could boot Linux from it just to make sure it's shot.  You could be right about the MB being shot, but it's hard to tell from here lol. 

Provide the Model # and I'll help you look into doing some Diagnostics.

I think you should try a System Repair Disc and run Automatic Repair, after you get all your files backed up.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/36083-create-system-repair-disc-windows-10-a.html

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#11 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:13 AM

Good catch, but why would this be an issue when the T-case is 72.7°C, and the pc is at 50 °C, this is not cause for catastrophe IMO.  Graphics temps don't look all that bad either, More likely something else is wrong.

The CPU and Graphics card temps are in Farenheit.

Translating Celsius to Farenheit has the T-case at 162.8 degrees and the PC at 122 degrees.

I'd still go with heat causing the issue.

#12 paul88ks

paul88ks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,323 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:11 AM

Translating Celsius to Farenheit has the T-case at 162.8 degrees and the PC at 122 degrees.

Like I said- All I get now is a splash screen with the Samsung Logo- no booting into anything- so...... where's my screwdriver?

#13 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,251 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:48 AM

Start it, put a System Repair Disc in and Reboot to see if it will boot from it.  Then Reboot it again to see if it will work a second time.  Then run Automatic Repair, after you get all your files backed up.  If that don't work, but you are able to exicut the process, then do a 

T-case is 72.7°C, and the pc is at 50 °C

jwoods, please correct me if I'm wrong, 50°C the C is for Celsius, the T-Case is 72.7°C, how the heck are you getting F Fahrenheit out of that?  There is no overheating reported by Speccy that I see.  Sure the pc is running hot, but not too hot, or hot enough to cause these problems.  PC probably needs a good cleaning, and we don't know how many Processes Paul was running when that Speccy was created.  But since paul88ks did not tell us the Model# then I'll assume he don't want my help.

Good luck!

Edited by pcpunk, 10 July 2017 - 10:55 AM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

#14 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

jwoods, please correct me if I'm wrong, 50°C the C is for Celsius, the T-Case is 72.7°C, how the heck are you getting F Fahrenheit out of that?  There is no overheating reported by Speccy that I see.  Sure the pc is running hot, but not too hot, or hot enough to cause these problems.  PC probably needs a good cleaning, and we don't know how many Processes Paul was running when that Speccy was created.  But since paul88ks did not tell us the Model# then I'll assume he don't want my help.

Good luck!

https://www.google.com/search?q=celsius+to+farenheit&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=celsius+to+fahrenheit

#15 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 6,251 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2017 - 01:31 PM

There is no Fahrenheit involved, they are both in Celsius, why are you converting anything?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users