Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Mail

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PDN

PDN

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:46 AM

I like this app but once it just disappeared when I clicked on it. I found that by finding a reputable download site and reinstalling it, it will divert you to the store than the app will be ok again. If you go to the store first it just says launch which may or may not work.

I just wanted to pass this along for those who like it compared to more difficult alternatives but may have had this experience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 11:40 AM

Try an alt.  Use thunderbird.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

#3 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Windows 10 suits my skill level. Thunderbird, the most widely advertised, was too hard for me.

Thank you for the referral, however.

#4 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:30 PM

Windows Mail looks like an easy one to setup and to use.  I have began but never continued to setup for any email accounts.  

I did try Thunderbird and Opera(Mail) more thoroughly.  I found Thunderbird to be EASY to setup with accounts and in general to use, but as yourself saw, Thunderbird can use a better helpfile and hopefully a good tutorial to make some of the understanding easier.  You could setup a couple of separate webmail accounts just to try to learn and practice with Thunderbird.  Maybe try one new account on Gmail and one new account on AOL.

#5 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 954 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:01 PM

PDN,

If you ARE interested in learning to use Thunderbird better, there is this:  http://www.freeemailtutorials.com/mozillaThunderbird/

What was not clear in that site is the fact that Thunderbird DOES have a way to try to configure most of the details of an email account on its own; you just need to put in your email address and password.  That might be called, "automatic setup".  You could also choose to do it manually.

#6 PDN

PDN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:49 AM

I certainly will study that tutorial and thank you.

I have 3 accounts with Windows 10 Mail and when I click refresh they all respond. I do not need too many features so it seems to do all I need. Except for the one time vanishing act, which was easily remedied, it does a good job for low level users like me.

I appreciate the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users