Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen Of Death/reboot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steve E

Steve E

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:16 PM

Occasionally while surfing the net I get the "Blue Screen of Death" followed by a very fast reboot. The blue screen flashes for just a second or two and then the computer reboots. I don't have time to read what is on the screen.
This only happens when I "click" to access a different site then the one I am curently viewing. On occasion after reboot, I will get the "send don't send" error report window. I click "send" and windows tells me I must be connected to the internet to send report. Nothing is sent even though I am always connected (DSL).

Is there a Explorer bug that I need to download some kind of fix for this?

Windows XP Pro
AMD XP 3200+ 220 GHz
1.00GB Ram
Epox EP-8RDA Pro MotherBoard

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:47 PM

All right to be able to see what the core you're getting on the blue screen of death also called stop screen, okay I'm going to need you to go to start, my computers, right-click on it, then select properties, then go to advanced tab, then you will see something that says system recovery options click the settings button right next to it, once you are there uncheck restarts to system at syatem faliure and click OK. So the next time your computer has a problem like this again instead of restarting it will stay on that blue screen where many needy to do is copy down what you see on that blue screen it'll show somethingthat look like this (00000000x00000). One of them you do is please copy down that number and put it on your next post.

Thank you for joining bleepingcomputer I hope you enjoy your stay

Good luck :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

#3 Steve E

Steve E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2006 - 08:50 AM

Thanks, still waiting for it to crash!

#4 Steve E

Steve E
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 24 September 2006 - 05:24 PM

OK, Here is what was on the blue screen.

C 0000005 (0X7CB1043D 0X0069FBCC)

Does this help?

Thanks

#5 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 AM

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:44 PM

Here is a (rather old) Micro$oft KB article on c0000005 Error Message During Windows Start Up for you to have a look at.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users