Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HelpnDoc, extra window appears and I want it stopped

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:48 AM

This is a question about the help-file authoring tool, HelpNDoc.

I mistakenly created a folder when trying to add pictures or image files into the "Library" and now every time I open a project file, this extra table of contents window appears, and I cannot close it.  I have no idea how to make it stop appearing.  It is movable by mouse drag on its title-bar.  There is a closure x button; but clicking on it does nothing.  Otherwise, HelpNDoc is still useable.  When I close HelpNDoc, the extra window also closes.

Anybody know this problem or how to correct or stop it?

http://s1081.photobucket.com/user/numericism_cafe/media/floating_tos_helpndoc_zpsfmbduia6.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

BP is not accepting the image or the image extension.

--

Windows 10, 64 bit computer

HelpNDoc and HTML Help Workshop installed into default paths

HelpNDoc version is 5.

Edited by cafejose, 01 July 2017 - 06:31 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

opera

• Members
  • 970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 01:14 PM

Perhaps try setting the library back to default

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73798-restore-default-settings-library-windows-10-a.html

#3 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 09:22 PM

opera, you tried to help ---

but the problem is not Windows 10 Library, but HelpnDoc and the disconnected Table Of Contents appearing as a separate window instead of being a right-pane in the HelpnDoc interface window.  I want it to appear integrated with the main HelpnDoc interface window, as it 'should' be.  My posting was not too clear about this.  I HAD made a separate folder into the HelpnDoc Library - not in Windows library - and that is when the problem began.

I tried an internet search about this but found nothing.  HelpnDoc neither seems to have a forum.

Edited by cafejose, 02 July 2017 - 09:23 PM.

#4 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 967 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:09 AM

Left-click and drag T.O.C. over main HelpnDoc interface and see icons appear on main interface, continue holding down mouse button while dragging pointer onto desired icon, and release mouse button.  T.O.C. snaps into place on the main HelpnDoc interface.  Problem solved.

Edited by cafejose, 03 July 2017 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users