Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Me too, Win10 in safe mode runs fast, not so much in normal.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amebix

Amebix

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:25 AM

Ugh,

Ok so I ran a virus scanner 3 times (once in normal, twice in safe mode) scanned everything single thing etc..

Nothing came up..ok cool...

Regardless my machine runes so slow and my start menu wont even open when I left click it, I had to install classic shell just to have a windows start window working..(how much wood can a woodchuck chuck....)

My memory stands around 87-90% like something is going on in the background, tho I can't seem to find out why. Nothing weird in my startup tho I do have a program called "Program" with a blank icon that wont let me either delete or go to file location while looking at the startup in Task Manager while uninstall does nothing.. (tho I am pretty sure it's a leftover and it has been disabled but still...)

I was getting so bogged down I ended up uninstalling my antivirus software and decided to just roll with windows defender for right now till I can find out what is going on...

I am at a total loss...

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 AM

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:31 AM

Download and run Sysinternals' Process Explorer.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

See which process is using the most CPU and/or memory.

Double click on the process name and select the Threads tab to see which thread is using the most resources.

Also, enable the VirusTotal check in Process Explorer by clicking on Options > VirusTotal.com > Check VirusTotal.com

Use the built-in Windows Snipping Tool to grab screen shots.

Post the images on a site such as Dropbox, Imgur, etc. and paste the links to the images in the thread.

Edited by jwoods301, 01 July 2017 - 12:36 AM.

#3 Amebix

Amebix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 AM

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:53 PM

Sorry for very LATE reply and for that I am sorry. I was on Vacation when I first posted but I have since fixed the issue.

Some how my max memory was set at half and I just had to go in and reset it to the right setting...

go figure right?

Now on to my other problems......

Thanks again tho!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users