Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a horrible virus please help me!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saive

Saive

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:23 PM

I've recently came in contact with this horrible virus, it disables my ability to reset my PC, and won't let me go to troubleshoot settings! I also can't run or download any antivirus programs, nor do I have any access to the internet! It even disabled me having the ability to have internet in safe mode. What do I do to remove this thing? I see the words dragon boost, but it doesn't let me unistall is says it's not available please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:00 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

If you can get to your personal data in Safe Mode go to the next step, otherwise create a Linux Live CD and boot from that...you may need to have a friend do it for you since your computer is out of order.

Get your personal data backed up to a USB drive or other removable media.

Get your operating system installation media, and do a clean install (from scratch).

Edited by jwoods301, 30 June 2017 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Saive

Saive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

I don't care about my data, I don't really have anything on here, I can't access the troubleshoot or reset or anything like that settings how do I do a clean install

#4 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

Being taken care of in the Malware Removal forum. Requesting this topic to be closed.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#5 Saive

Saive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

This is the only thing left that looks weird, it feels like this thing is evolving as certain features I had available before like (wifi) are no longer available ( I no longer have wifi)

I noticed this application which is known for adware or something but I can't uninstall it due to it being unavailable
https://gyazo.com/2c785fcb96ea8f0adaf438e527668d4c

#6 Saive

Saive
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:23 PM

I've recently came in contact with this horrible virus, it disables my ability to reset my PC, and won't let me go to troubleshoot settings! I also can't run or download any antivirus programs, nor do I have any access to the internet! It even disabled me having the ability to have internet in safe mode. What do I do to remove this thing? I see the words dragon boost, but it doesn't let me unistall is says it's not available please help!

I don't know how to close this topic, unless a moderator has to do it (new to this site) if so I also request this to be taken down

#7 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

Topic closed as per request

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users