Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New(ish) computers running slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:54 AM

OK. I was looking into getting a cheap computer for my sons room. I know I wasnt going to get anything to awesome but when I looked online I found some refurbished ones for half the cost.. These use a very high CPU usegae from time to time. I can watch it in task manager and it shots up to 100% alot even with Mozilla or chrome, still runs OK for what he mainly uses it for YouTube and Roblox.. Still within a return period.. Should I return these or is there a way to get them to run faster

Acer AXC-704G-UW61

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

Do you have more than one of these used computers, or only one? You first state that you were looking for a computer, but a the end of your post you say you want them to run faster.

Since we are working in the dark here, I need some specs on the computer your son has.

Please go Here and download Speccy system analyzer (free) and save to your computer's desktop. Install it.

Use the computer as you normally do for at least 5 minutes.

Open Speccy. Give it a few seconds to scan your system.

Click File \Publish Snapshot.

In the next screen, click yes.

In the next screen, click Copy To Clipboard.

In your next post, paste that link in the post. Do not post the entire log, just the link provided.

As a side thought, you might want to read the users' reviews here. I did not have the time to visit several websites, so I cannot guarantee that this one is typical of them all.

Edited by ranchhand_, 30 June 2017 - 12:10 PM.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 MasseyMan65560

MasseyMan65560
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

I got 2 since 2 refurbished ones was the same price as 1 new one..

Hard Drive: 500 GB Processor Type: Celeron Processor Model: N3050 Processor Speed: 1.60 GHz Processor Manufacturer: Intel Processor Core: Dual-core (2 Core) Operating System: Windows 10 Home  

Edited by MasseyMan65560, 30 June 2017 - 12:26 PM.

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,642 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:51 AM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

1.60 GHz/2-core Processor and you wonder why it's slow?

gaming or learning machine

Homework yes, gaming no way in a snow storm. I doubt this will even load most modern single player games. Maybe some little flash games or some such, but nothing serious. If you wnat more information I need that Speccy report.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users