Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Freezes 30-60 Seconds Recovers, getting Esent 508 533 & IADtorA 129

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Harbinger112

Harbinger112

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 30 June 2017 - 06:44 AM

For about the last 2 months windows 10 wiil randomly hang for about 30 to 60 seconds before recovering and going back to seemingly normal most of the time though i do rarely have to do a reboot.At first the hangs only happened once or twice a week, now i'm getting 1 or 2 of them  almost everyday, During most of the hangs the mouse will continue to work and if i'm listening to music or watching a video they are also unaffected. The hangs primarily happen when i'm browsing the web with Chrome, moving around files, watching a movie and or playing TEW 2010 (Wrestling Text Sim). Besides TEW I've yet to get one while gaming.

Here are some of the errors i get

IaStorA 129 - Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.

Esent 533

svchost (2704) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-450916279-610711932-841652258-1001: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\JagdReaper\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.edb" at offset 1007616 (0x00000000000f6000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes has not completed for 36 second(s). This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Esent 533

svchost (2704) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-450916279-610711932-841652258-1001: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\JagdReaper\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log" at offset 643072 (0x000000000009d000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes has not completed for 36 second(s). This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Esent 508

svchost (2704) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-450916279-610711932-841652258-1001: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\JagdReaper\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.edb" at offset 1007616 (0x00000000000f6000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (36 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Esent 508

svchost (2704) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-21-450916279-610711932-841652258-1001: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\JagdReaper\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\EDB.log" at offset 643072 (0x000000000009d000) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (36 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

Things i've tried to fix the issue

1.Windows 10 Clean Install

2. Several Checkdisk's

3. CrystalDisk, Hard Disk Sentinel and Micron Executive all say the drives are fine

4. Ran Hard Disk Sentinel Extended Self Test & Surface Test with no issues

5. monitored my latency (the iastora is a bit high rarely, but most of the time its fine even during the hangs)

6. Reinstalled my Nvidia drivers

7. Tried installing the latest Intel Rapid Storage Tech and Removing it all together

My Specs

I5 6600k

1070 GTX

16 GB Ram

Micron M500 SSD 480 GB

Windows 10 Fully Updated

Toshiba 2 TB Storage Drive

I've run out of ideas besides maybe replacing the hard drive, which i'd rather not do quite yet as no programs are reading the drive as bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Harbinger112, 30 June 2017 - 06:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:02 AM

You could use the logging feature of Process Explorer (free from here:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

I'm not real familiar with it, and the logs are very big (so you have to work with filters - again, which I'm not familiar with).

But, let's try this:

- wait for the system to hang and then recover

- then immediately generate these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

If you have problems with it running it, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

I'm suspecting low-level stuff here, such as your BIOS/UEFI, chipset drivers, and the lower level storage controllers

The reports may give us some ideas on things to try.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:03 AM

Just found this while searching the web:  http://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-fix-windows-10-start-button-does-nothing-in-10-minutes/

Haven't tried it myself, but it may be worth a try.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Harbinger112

Harbinger112
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

You could use the logging feature of Process Explorer (free from here:  https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processexplorer.aspx

I'm not real familiar with it, and the logs are very big (so you have to work with filters - again, which I'm not familiar with).

But, let's try this:

- wait for the system to hang and then recover

- then immediately generate these 2 sets of reports:

Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/
FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.

If you have problems with it running it, there's an alternate tool here (direct download link):  https://github.com/blueelvis/BSOD-Inspector/releases/download/1.0.5/BSODInspector-1.0.5.exe

NOTE:
Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. 
.ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.

Report Set #2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: 

SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:
You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.

To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:

1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.

2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.

The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFan

Naming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.

Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.

NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system.

I'm suspecting low-level stuff here, such as your BIOS/UEFI, chipset drivers, and the lower level storage controllers

The reports may give us some ideas on things to try.

Thanks for the quick response and I'll try this  next time the hang happens again

Just found this while searching the web:  http://www.urtech.ca/2015/09/solved-fix-windows-10-start-button-does-nothing-in-10-minutes/

Haven't tried it myself, but it may be worth a try.

other than during the hangs my start button works fine so im not sure this would help much.

#5 Zalzan

Zalzan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:00 PM

I just fixed this issue. same deal, frequent hangs, and ESENT 533 and 508...loads of them...constantly, but gradually got worse. It was a Trojan called Poweliks. It hides from Miscrosoft security essentials apparently because it does not download a file but just changes some code to turn your computer into a fake ad-clicking factory...several thousand a day in fact. 

Once I used Hitman Pro to remove it, no more ESENT events and no more freezes, my system runs like new.  The freezes are because it tries to put so much crap into the database files due to the fake ad clicks. Symantec has a free poweliks remover, but there are other Trojans that do the same thing. Malwarebytes took a lot of crap from people for being slow to catch this, but apparently their software will remove it.

Basically if you are getting this type of esent code you really need to try an rootkit type cleaner like Hitman, Combofix, or some other type.

TK 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users