Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get Wireless Adapter to work

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#16 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

When I right click it there is no option to enable the adapter.

It just shows "about" "hide" and "quit".

See this article...

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-enable-your-wireless-nic-in-windows-xp/

Edited by jwoods301, 02 July 2017 - 06:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#17 TonyTucker

TonyTucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

See this article...

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-enable-your-wireless-nic-in-windows-xp/

I went control panel, internet and network connections, and then network connections but it is blank and showing no icons whatsoever.

#18 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

Go into Device Manager, and in the Network Adapters section, right click on the wireless adapter and click Uninstall (but don't delete the drivers).

Reboot.

Windows should detect the adapter and re-install it.

Repeat the tutorial for enabling your wireless adapter and see if the icon is now there and showing as enabled.

#19 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 10:30 PM

Have you sure that you pick the right driver for your windows version?

#20 TonyTucker

TonyTucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

Go into Device Manager, and in the Network Adapters section, right click on the wireless adapter and click Uninstall (but don't delete the drivers).

Reboot.

Repeat the tutorial for enabling your wireless adapter and see if the icon is now there and showing as enabled.

I have rebooted the computer and it is asking me to put the driver cd in so it can install it, or it is asking me to choose from a specific location.

This is the Found New Hardware Wizard that is telling me this.

#21 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:55 AM

Reboot.

I have rebooted the computer and it is asking me to put the driver cd in so it can install it, or it is asking me to choose from a specific location.

I would give it the driver CD.

#22 TonyTucker

TonyTucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

Reboot.

I would give it the driver CD.

I ran into trouble when I tried to install it because it came up on the screen that I had 2 copies of it to choose so I picked the first one and then it said that it was not digitally signed and I had the option to continue anyway or to cancel and I chose to cancel and then restarted the computer but this time the FNH Wizard did not show up. I then chose to uninstall the whole thing and restarted the computer and the FNH Wizard came on and this time I chose to continue anyway when the warning of it not being digitally signed came up and it went through with the instalation and said that it was installed but there was only a Remove Safely icon in the system tray and when I went to the control panel and ADD And Remove it is not showing that it has been installed at all.

Should I try reinstalling it again?

#23 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

unplug the usb adapter,

reboot,

go into device manager and remove/uninstall any wireless adapters/network adapters/usb wireless adapters, and click the box that says "remove driver"

reboot,

insert device cd and run the installation software......DO NOT PLUG IN THE ADAPTER until the software asks you too,

Edited by mikey11, 03 July 2017 - 08:09 AM.

#24 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,476 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:42 AM

If after uninstalling and installing again does not work then detach the USB and uninstall the device in Device Manager. Reboot and attach the USB dongle. Open Device Manager. There should be a yellow exclamation mark next to your Wifi adapter. Right click, select Properties and under the the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the complete first line.

It would help if you could provide the model number of the Edup. It's possible the CD driver is corrupted, possible due to a bad disk.

#25 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:04 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:51 PM

Just call the registration in and download your adapter from <the computer you are using for bleepingcomputer>

#26 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,491 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 03 July 2017 - 06:10 PM

I dont think the drivers are installed correctly.

Remove the USB wifi adapter then insert the cd that came with it. Does it autostart?

If not, is there a SETUP program on the cd? Run SETUP and dont plug the device in until it tells you to.

In the beginning there was the command line.

#27 TonyTucker

TonyTucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:39 AM

unplug the usb adapter,

reboot,

go into device manager and remove/uninstall any wireless adapters/network adapters/usb wireless adapters, and click the box that says "remove driver"

reboot,

insert device cd and run the installation software......DO NOT PLUG IN THE ADAPTER until the software asks you too,

There is a 1394 network adapter do I uninstall it?

#28 TonyTucker

TonyTucker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 02:43 AM

If after uninstalling and installing again does not work then detach the USB and uninstall the device in Device Manager. Reboot and attach the USB dongle. Open Device Manager. There should be a yellow exclamation mark next to your Wifi adapter. Right click, select Properties and under the the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the complete first line.

It would help if you could provide the model number of the Edup. It's possible the CD driver is corrupted, possible due to a bad disk.

802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter does this sound right?

Edited by TonyTucker, 04 July 2017 - 02:44 AM.

#29 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 20,476 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

That is not enough information. Each model could have a different chipset. 

Detach the USB and uninstall the device in Device Manager. It is not the 1394 adapter. Reboot and attach the USB dongle. Open Device Manager. There should be a yellow exclamation mark next to your Wifi adapter. Right click, select Properties and under the the Details tab select Hardware IDs in the dropdown box. Copy and post the complete first line.

Is there a yellow exclamation mark under Network Adapters?

If you do not know which model number of the Edup you have it should be on the package it came in if you still have it otherwise go to Edup's website and look for your model or attach a photo of the USB dongle to your next post. Do  you have a website link if puchased online?

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 July 2017 - 07:03 AM.

#30 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:35 PM

Is there a Wifi icon in the system tray? Click on it and you should see your router's SSID if the router is set to broadcast it. Click on it and provide your Wifi password.

There is an icon in the system tray and when my mouse is over it it just says "wireless LAN is disabled".

move your mouse over that icon and right click on your mouse, it should give you the option to enable it
This sounds like your issue?

It occurs even when the wireless network adapter functions properly as well as after restarting and reinstalling the wireless network adapter driver several times. The issue might also prevent the wired Ethernet connection from functioning properly. http://www.szedup.com/fix-no-wi-fi-available-issue-windows-10-upgrade/

EDUP drivers. http://www.szedup.com/support/driver-download/

Edited by Crazy Cat, 04 July 2017 - 07:36 PM.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users