It does not appear by name in the populated list of Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
It does not appear by name under My Compter > C: > Program Files
It does appear under Start > All Programs > SideStep with the 2 submenus: "SideStep" and "Uninstall SideStep"
- the "Uninstall SideStep" button is functionless
- the "SideStep" button acts as a hyperlink directing the user to its website
It seems to be some sort of perpetual vector for malware.
- SpySweeper on deep scan in safe mode picks up malware associated with the name, "SideStep" weekly
- NOD32 found and destroyed 2 (two) malwares associated with the name, "SideStep" yesterday
- TrojanHunter found and destroyed a "trojan" associated with the name, "SideStep" this morning
I'm perplexed. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Google Pop-Up Blocker
Spybot Search & Destroy
Mod Edit: Split and moved topic to more appropriate forum and into it's own thread to get the attention it needs. ~ Animal
Edited by Animal, 11 September 2006 - 04:12 PM.