Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ichat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blonderdancer

blonderdancer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:20 PM

So I have a macbook and it comes with a webcam in it.
I was able to use the webcam on ichat with pretty much anyone really.

But now it stopped working ONLY on ichat.
I can send a request for video chat, and once they accept the request, it says it failed to go through because
I didn't respond...even though I'm the one who sent it in the first place.

So I took my macbook to the mac store and with the first try, the video chat went through when they tested it in the begining.
The guy working there told me they've been having a lot of problems like the one I'm having and that it seems to be working fine.. but that the reason for it not working now could be that people's computers are not updated enough for it to go through.

So my question is, what do people need to download for them to view my webcam??

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:44 PM

Well, i believe they would need a good connection, probably the latest update from the website, maybe the newest version of mediaplayer (i'm not sure how ichat works). Does this only happen to one person you want to talk to? or multiple people. Have you tried connecting since you got back from the store? If it didn't work, you might want to see if you have a good internet connection and make sure that the port for the videocamera is not being blocked.

#3 blonderdancer

blonderdancer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

i did try it again when i got home from the mac store and it still didnt work.
It's been doing this to everyone ive been wanting to connect with.
i know its not a firewall issue
and my internet connection is pretty sufficiant..

#4 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:00 AM

Allright, well try to go to the mac website, and see if you can download the latest drivers for your webcam. It could be having a problem connecting with the internet, i'm not sure how they test it at mac store, but they could have just been testing the device, what do you use to connect to the internet with the webcam?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users