Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blind User Using Jaws Needs Help Navigating In My Website

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bizlady

bizlady

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:44 PM

This is an issue that is inside my website, Godly Companions.com, but maybe someone out there has the answer.

A blind user is able to log on to the website and conduct searches to view profiles. She is using Jaws to access and navigate in the site.

She must use the keyboard to navigate. She cannot use the mouse.

However, once she has conducted a search and viewed some profiles, she wants to return to the previous page to conduct a new search.

I have tried the suggestion of telling her to use the backspace key since that works for me, but it does not work for her.

Anyone have some suggestions or is familiar with the use of Jaws for the blind?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Mod Edit: Closed open BBCode tags and resized overly large font. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 September 2006 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users