Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Won't Boot up - suddenly

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 PC60dum

PC60dum

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:41 PM

I have a 6 month old refurbished Dell laptop. All was fine when I shut down 1 nite. The next day it wouldn't boot up. It stayed on the blue screen with the mouse pointer spinning. Eventually I shut it with the power button. When I restarted it I got into Safe Mode. But it's super slow in Safe Mode and I don't know what to try anyway. I called the guy who sold it to me and he wants it shipped back. It's not under warranty so this will be expensive. He said it needs to be tested bc it can be a software or hardware problem. I'm dumb but even I know it's either software or hardware. I was hoping he'd suggest something I could try over the phone but he said no. He obviously knows less than me. I guess he just sells them. This is my 7th PC and I've never had a hardware problem, it's always been software and there's always been something a tech guy could have me do over the phone. So this guy freaked me out. I really can't afford shipping it back and paying for repairs. I need to know if I can try something in Safe Mode? I noticed a utility called System Repair but I don't know how to run it? I also noticed I can run System Recovery but it can't be undone in Safe Mode.

If the Hardrive had broke shouldn't nothing work at all? I'm trying to figure out if it's really a hardware problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Btw, the last time I turned it on, the desktop showed up but I can't click on anything. I can't even start the calculator or open a text file. However, I did open a folder with pictures but they were the wrong pictures.

Any ideas appreciated?. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users