Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Aux Sound

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 whatever13

whatever13

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:38 PM

All day I'm trying to fix that and I can't! I'm starting to get really mad about it... I found out that the sound in browsers can be fixed when I unmute the Aux in Sound Options in Control Panel. yes that sounds great doesnt it but there is no Aux in my sound options no matter what i add and edit It just isn't there and I don't know why. If that's not the problem then what could it be? I really need to make sounds work and despite reinstalling and updating sound drivers nothing changes.

Please I would really appreciate any help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Well first and foremost I want you to go into your device manager (it's located in the control panel, depending on your os, it's either under system, or it's just device manager) See if there are any yellow question marks beside anything. After you do that, (assuming there are none) make sure that everything is unmuted everywhere, make sure the volume is up on all the options etc. Now that you did the diagnostic, specifically, what does the sound not work for? What Operating System do you run? And do you have a sound card? or is it an integrated sound card, have you tried to install a sound card recently? How long has this been going on? Has it ever worked? Do you have a network card? Finally, what kind of speakers are they?

#3 whatever13

whatever13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:13 PM

I checked the Device Manager before and there's nothing wrong with my sound devices according to it. The soundcard is onboard and there's no Windows sound when computer starts or turns off as well as in-browsers-audio. I haven't noticed since when it doesn't work and the problem is not with my speakers or headphones. I just don't understand why there's no Aux to unmute.. :thumbsup:

#4 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:37 PM

Hm, so, when you click on the sound control in the bottom right (or if there is none, when you click on the device in the sound device on control panel) it gives no options to what you can do? It is totally grayed out? Did you install any sort of card lately? From the top of my head, it may be a faulty sound board... I do not usually encourage buying anything, but they sell sound cards cheap and you could get 5.1 surround even... But before you go out buying, we are going to trouble shoot a little bit more, now your positive the speakers are plugged into the back of the computer, that the speakers have power etc etc, and have you gone to device manager, looked up your onboard sound card and taken a look at it, if you can do it and tell me what it says, a long with answering the questions I asked, I'll be more than happy to help more.

#5 whatever13

whatever13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:53 PM

Thank you for your help so far. My sound card is 5.1 and the Aux thing is not grayed out, it's not there at all, it's missing. In my Sound Controllers in Device Manager I can see Audio Codecs, Legacy Audio Drivers, Legacy Video Drivers, Media Control Devices, Realtek 97'AC Audio, Standard Game Port and Video Codecs. They all seem to work properly so I don't know what the problem could be. One thing I noticed is that when I set the MIDI music playback to use Realtek, click OK and and then look at it again it's again blank. :S

#6 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

Sounds interesting, but lets see... go here http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97...p;Software=True
download both the read me (to look at troubleshooting) and also go ahead and download the driver for your operating system. Install both of those and tell me how it goes.

#7 whatever13

whatever13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:52 PM

I already installed the drivers and I read the readme file, it just says the new in every new version of the drivers :thumbsup:

#8 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 06:43 PM

Allright, now this one is going to sound weird, but uninstall the realtec driver reboot your computer, and then try to load the driver again

#9 whatever13

whatever13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:14 PM

I did what you told me to and when I restarted the comp it jus tfound the driver automatically in XP and then the same procedure... It still has no Aux :thumbsup:

#10 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 06:08 PM

Well do it again and don't let xp do the setup, it may be that windows isn't giving it the right drives... of course i'm starting to grasp at strings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users