Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Digitial Camera Reccs for Mac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MaryBet82

MaryBet82

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:51 PM

I would like an all in one camera, if possible, to do inventory and legal documentation. The only dig camera I've ever had was a Canon PowerShot A60 that I used w/ Windows 2K and XP and to a limited extent w/ my macbook pro. I used it mostly for photographing objects for inventory - so I had a record of what I owned because I got moved around so much and I still have stuff in storage. I often had to refer to inventory pictures to remember if I had one of those some place.

I found the macro feature on the Canon was not adequate to get clear pictures of small objects like jewelry. So I would like a camera that can take clear pictures of jewelry and small screws and such.

I also need to document damage done, so I need a camera that can take video in darkish places like storage sheds and some video of me explaining circumstances or pointing out the cause of damage in the storage sheds. I won't be taking pictures of birds or people playing sports or family events.

I am camera illiterate so it needs to be mostly automatic.

Can one get an all in one that does good macro pics and adequate videos in varying light or do I need to get two cameras?

mac 10.6 on macbook pro
WinXP sp2 on Dell 380 w/ 512 MB RAM- currently dead in the water
WinXP tab ed sp 3 on Thinkpad X41 w/ 1.5 GB RAM - lemony flavored
Win2K Sp4 on Sony VAIO GXR600 w/ 512 MB RAM - currently blue screening

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

Camera technology has come a very long way since your last digital camera purchase.

The camera that's on my smartphone (Galaxy S7, and an earlier LG Tribute) can do what you're asking for.  I have an older Sony Cybershot DSC-HX10V that can handle this with ease, too.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users