Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My first game release! (Completely free!)

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 beef_erikson

beef_erikson

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:22 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

Download and play for free (no ads even!)

Evil Clutches - A fast-paced, quick-to-play game brought to you by Beef Erikson Studios. In this arcade-action shooter mini-game, the goal is to save as many baby dragons whilst eliminating the demon spawn coming at you from all angles.

This initial version lays down the basis of the game; a simple and fun title designed for short bursts. I greatly welcome suggestions (UI work is at the top of my list for next update... the interface is lacking, to be kind) as I will be continuing development to expand not only the game to fit ideas I still have but also to get an even better grip on game design.

Also, I'd LOVE to see your high scores! Feel free to email them to me at beef.erikson.studios (at) gmail.com , I am collecting them all as memorabilia to my first game release.

I hope you enjoy this little mini-game as much as I do! Thanks for your time!!

Troy Martin

Sole Proprietor

Beef Erikson Studios

beef.erikson.studios (at) gmail.com

ukB4wS6.png

Edited by beef_erikson, 29 June 2017 - 02:26 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Moritz30

Moritz30

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

The game looks good for a first game! You should take care of the AV falese positives (see https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/47df5b528df557b5cbbfc195d63875295838c4201950ae6c39ecc91684dc0d54/analysis/1498756693/) and also digitally sign your game. Besides of these two points it's good for a first game.

White Hat, Security Researcher, Modder, CEO at and founder of @DragonTeamMC, @OmniDragonBot and CryptID. Real name is Matthias Merkel.

#3 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Yeah, I looked into getting a key digitally signed but not exactly cheap *laughs* In the future, for certain!

I appreciate you taking the time to check it out! I didn't know there were false positives; I'll be looking into that right now.

Thanks again!!

Beef

#4 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

The game looks good for a first game! You should take care of the AV falese positives (see https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/47df5b528df557b5cbbfc195d63875295838c4201950ae6c39ecc91684dc0d54/analysis/1498756693/) and also digitally sign your game. Besides of these two points it's good for a first game.

Well, that is concerning. Guess I'm going to have to contact the game engine developer, I haven't a clue what would cause that (nor how to get rid of the false flag *laughs*) 

Thanks again for bringing that to my attention!

#5 Moritz30

Moritz30

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:34 PM

Yeah. I've not really analysed the file but considering only one AV detected something I think this is a false positive. Ran it in a VM just to be safe though ;)
White Hat, Security Researcher, Modder, CEO at and founder of @DragonTeamMC, @OmniDragonBot and CryptID. Real name is Matthias Merkel.

#6 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:35 PM

Yeah. I've not really analysed the file but considering only one AV detected something I think this is a false positive. Ran it in a VM just to be safe though ;)

Smart move, don't blame you there a bit. I'll poke around and see if I get any answers, cheers bud :D

#7 Moritz30

Moritz30

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Smart move, don't blame you there a bit. I'll poke around and see if I get any answers, cheers bud :D

xD

You can sent the file to Baidu: http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/submit-file.php so they can whitelist it.

If you had a trusted code signing certificate you could also become a Comodo Trusted Vendor (I am for example) so you don't have to fear auto-containment and false positives there.

You can get cheap Comodo Code Signing Certificates at https://gogetssl.com but unless you have a DnB listing (which you can only get as company or sole trader) you have to add notary fees for a notary to notarize a verification document to that price.

#8 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:42 PM

xD

You can sent the file to Baidu: http://antivirus.baidu.com/en/submit-file.php so they can whitelist it.

If you had a trusted code signing certificate you could also become a Comodo Trusted Vendor (I am for example) so you don't have to fear auto-containment and false positives there.

You can get cheap Comodo Code Signing Certificates at https://gogetssl.com but unless you have a DnB listing (which you can only get as company or sole trader) you have to add notary fees for a notary to notarize a verification document to that price.

Oh beautiful, you just provided me with exactly what I needed :D

I actually am a registered business (sole proprietor DbA) so that is definitely something I'll look into.

I greatly appreciate your time helping me out!!! 

#9 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:22 AM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:15 PM

35574988616_7045dfdd51_b.jpg

It does not work under my Windows 12 computer.

#10 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:20 PM

I'm really second-guessing this engine (GameMaker Studio 2). I'll pass that along to them, that's a source code thing I have no access to. 

Thank you very much for the info!!

#11 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

....and I'm daft. Good troll ;) took me a few looks to recognize the wine logo (I should have known by the console *chuckles*) 

#12 beef_erikson

beef_erikson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:29 PM

(Just an update to folks in case someone is following along. Submitted game to Baidu to get whitelisted as per Moritz30's suggestion. Up to 24 hours before they do anything but hopefully that is that.)

#13 SMWade

SMWade

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:23 AM

Thats Great!

#14 imvull

imvull

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts