Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Internet Secured In Windows 10.

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Celtic22

Celtic22

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

Internet connection keeps dropping out in Windows 10.

Yellow triangle appears in tray.

Was originally a Windows 7 laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:09 PM

Try rebooting the router.

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,339 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Also, you should check at the manufacturer's support page for your wireless network adapter and see if there is a Windows 10 compatible driver (or full control suite) issued by them.  If so, download and install it.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#4 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:07 AM

Try rebooting the router.

Did that numerous times but without success.

#5 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

Also, you should check at the manufacturer's support page for your wireless network adapter and see if there is a Windows 10 compatible driver (or full control suite) issued by them.  If so, download and install it.

Model is Toshiba Europe L450D - 128.

Network Adapter is Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless Lan 802.11n PCI - E NIC.

It appears to my very inexperienced eye that Toshiba only supports the original Windows 7 - not Windows 10.

I would not be sure how to download or install the driver - if there is one - as I have never done this before.

#6 zainmax

zainmax

• Banned
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

The problem is not a driver, but a device settings. Firstly run Troubleshoot If it cannot repair all problems, do it manually.

#7 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,339 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:35 AM

You are not the first individual to experience this problem under Windows 10.  It seems to have several possible root causes.  Take a read through this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/wifi-realtek-rtl8191se-isnt-working-in-a-windows/c6e5aabf-26b8-45f4-b6e8-874f96f9d83c

and also https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91436-Update-Realtek-RTL8191SE-Wireless-LAN-802-11n-PCI-E-NIC

Edited by britechguy, 29 June 2017 - 09:39 AM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 

Presenting the willfully ignorant with facts is the very definition of casting pearls before swine.

~ Brian Vogel

#8 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:36 PM

The problem is not a driver, but a device settings. Firstly run Troubleshoot If it cannot repair all problems, do it manually.

Troubleshoot says Unable To Connect To DNS Server.

#9 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

Yes, this has been going on for months and I believe that I have read most of what appears on Microsoft Support and the huge volume on You Tube under No Internet Secured.I would say that I have tried the vast majority of fixes offered in both locations.

This is a big issue around the world.

I was interested to read about the guy in your second link here who went back to the Toshiba Windows 7 Driver, Version 2006.4.909.2009, and had success.

Unfortunately, the link to Toshiba that he provides doesn't work, as I would have liked to try that remedy with system restore set.

I won,t be reinstalling Windows 10 anytime soon.

I would sooner burn the damn thing first.

Strange thing is that I have a very cheap laptop - a Medion that cost 279 euro - that came with Windows 10 installed and runs without the slightest problem.

Thought it might be steam driven at the price!

Still, all my main stuff, and the one I prefer to use, is on the much more expensive Toshiba.

Also, I have a number of tablets that run off the same wireless network without any problem.

My ISP says that it is a Windows 10 problem.

They gave me a new router but it made no difference - except that passwords on all devices had to be changed.

Thank you for the amount of trouble you went to to research your last post.

Much appreciated!

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 9,339 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:48 PM

Well, and the following is not meant to be flip, why don't you just buy a wireless micro-dongle adapter?

My Win7 machine came with wireless G, and when I wanted to go to Wireless N I was not about to tear the thing apart to put in a new card when wireless micro dongles were available (and still are, one example) for next to nothing and work really well.  I've been using the previous generation (still wireless N, though) of the one I gave the link to on that laptop for years now and another on my desktop that's in the basement that's another brand.  These exist, and still inexpensive, that include wireless AC as well.

There are times when spending a couple of bucks for a fully functional workaround is more than worth it, and I'd say this is one of them.

~ Brian Vogel

#11 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:56 PM

Yes.

1.  It was working just fine until.....

2.  It just drops out randomly and I cannot get a constant connection to get that new 8K anime ingression feed from the torrent networks.

(a hint... maybe it is not you or your hardware...it is the old dial up modem disconnection curse.)

Here.  This gadget monitors your network connection and it is popular with the backbone 1U crowd.
(Why?) I will notify you if your connection goes bad.  (and it probably won't for some mysterious reason....)

https://www.myfavoritegadgets.info/monitors/NetworkMonitorII/networkmonitorII.html

I think it actually sets the network adapter in a special mode and people will not mess with you....

#12 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

Yes.

2.  It just drops out randomly and I cannot get a constant connection to get that new 8K anime ingression feed from the torrent networks.

(a hint... maybe it is not you or your hardware...it is the old dial up modem disconnection curse.)

Here.  This gadget monitors your network connection and it is popular with the backbone 1U crowd.
(Why?) I will notify you if your connection goes bad.  (and it probably won't for some mysterious reason....)

https://www.myfavoritegadgets.info/monitors/NetworkMonitorII/networkmonitorII.html

I think it actually sets the network adapter in a special mode and people will not mess with you....

What exactly is the "old dial up modem disconnection curse"?

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,659 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

Here is the Toshiba Realtek Wireless Driver for Windows 7 but it is version 2007. It is for your Realtek chipset. RTL8191SE

http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=2558912&osId=31

Edit: If you do decide to install create a Restore Point first. Install in compatibility mode if possible.

Edit: As Brian suggested, get a USB dongle. 

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5520_TL-WN725N.html

Edited by JohnC_21, 29 June 2017 - 02:48 PM.

#14 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Well, and the following is not meant to be flip, why don't you just buy a wireless micro-dongle adapter?

My Win7 machine came with wireless G, and when I wanted to go to Wireless N I was not about to tear the thing apart to put in a new card when wireless micro dongles were available (and still are, one example) for next to nothing and work really well.  I've been using the previous generation (still wireless N, though) of the one I gave the link to on that laptop for years now and another on my desktop that's in the basement that's another brand.  These exist, and still inexpensive, that include wireless AC as well.

There are times when spending a couple of bucks for a fully functional workaround is more than worth it, and I'd say this is one of them.

Never knew that such a thing existed.

As I am having to reconnect numerous times a day, anything that saves that would be well worth any money.

In all the reams that I read no one came up with that suggestion.

Would be great if it worked.

Does it just fit in the side of the laptop?

What becomes of the existing driver?

Incidentally, I downloaded Driver Booster and Slim Drivers but neither scans found updates for drivers.

I note that the driver number in the Medion laptop that gives no trouble is Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI - E

NIC.

It is also 802.11n

Could this work in the Toshiba if downloaded from Medion?

IF not, the best thing probably would be to send for your magic cure.

Hard to believe that it could be fixed so easily - or so cheaply.

#15 Celtic22

Celtic22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Never knew that such a thing existed.

As I am having to reconnect numerous times a day, anything that saves that would be well worth any money.

In all the reams that I read no one came up with that suggestion.

Would be great if it worked.

Does it just fit in the side of the laptop?

What becomes of the existing driver?

Incidentally, I downloaded Driver Booster and Slim Drivers but neither scans found updates for drivers.

I note that the driver number in the Medion laptop that gives no trouble is Realtek RTL8723BE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI - E

NIC.

It is also 802.11n

Yes.

While I appreciate your suggestion I don't think that it is what I am looking for.

I need something that will keep me constantly connected to the internet.

Could this work in the Toshiba if downloaded from Medion?

IF not, the best thing probably would be to send for your magic cure.

Hard to believe that it could be fixed so easily - or so cheaply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users