Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help choosing power supply upgrade

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 erikward11

erikward11

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:15 AM

DONE....I NO LONGER NEED HELP

Edited by erikward11, 28 June 2017 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:11:38 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:42 AM

It's also important to note that the cooling fan on my current PSU is facing the back of the tower. Some replacements i've looked at have fans on top which would be blocked by my tower case

i have built many computers and never had an issue like that, PSU manufacturers take into consideration which way the fan should be facing, that is one reason why one of the screws is offset on the PSU so it can only be installed one way (the proper way)

#3 erikward11

erikward11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Edited by erikward11, 28 June 2017 - 01:09 PM.

#4 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

If i installed the 2nd PSU into my tower, the fan would be facing upwards towards top of my case or downwards towards inside of case instead of out the back like my current PSU

and the problem with that is what?

Edited by mikey11, 28 June 2017 - 11:56 AM.

#5 erikward11

erikward11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

#6 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

I would like to have a matching replacement with the fan point out the back of the computer like the one that is on there currently

you never said that in your original post, so now you are limiting your options,

im not sure why you think you know better then the manufacturers of these units....fan placement means nothing

#7 erikward11

erikward11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:20 PM

#8 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:48 PM

its incredible that this has become so difficult. I am done. No need to respond. Just going to take my computer into best buy. Bye

sounds good,

im sorry you consider my questions to be so incredibly difficult,

just a bit of advice for your future....

its not a good idea to come to a website like this asking for free advice while sporting an obvious attitude,

nobody here owes you anything,

Edited by mikey11, 28 June 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#9 erikward11

erikward11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:07 PM

this is the 2nd forum i came to. Other forum didnt discuss my problem at all, just a bunch of self-righteous dicks telling me how much better their graphics card is than mine and i should upgrade. Then i come here, asking for a simple answer, and i get more of nothing. I have been trying for 3 days to just get a recommendation. A PSU that will fit my tower and offer enough power to handle all the components currently in my computer. I already got the answer i need. Geek squad tech made a recommendation right over the phone. Something it took 3 days and numerous pointless responses from people. It was a simple question and i got a simple answer. I just wish i would have called them first. I agree, you owe me nothing. Neither did the bleeptards on the other forum. But if i come for an answer to a simple question and all i get is flack about how crappy my computer is, it tends to wear on a fella. I'm just frustrated, but i got the help i needed. Thank you for attempting to assist me. 

#10 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,509 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:17 PM

Geek Squad techs don't get paid for talking over the telephone, they get paid a percentage of the money they bill,

That is the reason you got a reply so fast, they just wanted to hang up on you, and they were doing it in a nice way, they will tell you anything to get off the phone with you, you were basically wasting their time

I have been trying for 3 days to just get a recommendation. A PSU that will fit my tower and offer enough power to handle all the components currently in my computer.

you already have that....so whats the problem?

Edited by mikey11, 28 June 2017 - 01:18 PM.

#11 erikward11

erikward11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

there is no problem...you just keep responding for some reason, sending alerts to my phone...i no longer need help....bye

I NO LONGER NEED ANY ASSISTANCE. PLEASE END THIS THREAD. NO MORE RESPONSES NEEDED

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users