Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Can not share printer attached to Windows 7 - Error 0x000006D9

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Huongga

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:31 AM

I am using Windows 7 computer. Now I can not share a local printer attached to a windows 7. When I click on apply (share this printer) is face "printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006d9)

I am the adminstrator. I have the firewall off.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

• Members
  • 1,132 posts
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

is the printer wireless? or plugged into a router or computer?

#3 hamluis

• 55,040 posts
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:37 AM

#4 daikin

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

Windows Firewall is causing this error

First, you need to disable Windows Firewall.

Step #1 - Disable any other firewall you may have installed and stop it from loading at boot and then restart.

Step #2 - Go to the Admin Tools Folder > Services > Windows Firewall > Double click and either set it to Manual or Automatic and Save.

Step #3 - Open Control Panel > System & Security > Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall On or Off > (Enable) Turn on Windows Firewall > Save

Step #4 - Click Control Panel Home > View Devices & Printers > Select/Click your Printer > Display Printer Properties > Sharing > Share this Printer > OK

Step #5 - Go Back to Windows Firewall and Turn it back off > Save

Step #6 - Go Back to Services > And set Windows Firewall to Manual

Step #7 - Restart & Re-enable your preferred firewall to start at Boot > then restart.

Check out this link: https://windowsfreeapps.com/fix-error-0x000006d9-when-sharing-a-printer-on-a-computer-windows-7/

Edited by daikin, 28 June 2017 - 11:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users