Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ONLY this computer is getting HUGE lag spikes of over 22k ms

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AtomShards

AtomShards

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:11 AM

I bought i second hand computer last week, it's working great for what i want it for but im having one issue, i cant do anything that requires a stable ping i.e gaming. 

This computer didn't come with a wireless card so i bought and Ethernet cable to run along my house. With that i would get major lag spikes. 

So i then thought it could be the length of the cable slowing it down, so i bought a usb TP-Link wireless dongle. Got the same result. I've tried using a wifi repeater and that hasn't helped either. 

All other devices connected to my modem/router (its two in one) don't have this issue. This is being a really inconvenient issue as i spend a lot of time on games such as Rust and league that require my internet to be smooth and reliable. All help is extremely appreciated and yes i have the 192.168.1.1 password (i changed it) and yes all my drivers are updated and i uninstalled-reinstalled them too.

Here is a speedtest.net test and my modem/router is a TP-Link Archer D7 6411987883.png

Here is proof of lag spike 
https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t34.0-12/19550927_776933049147561_943400385_n.jpg?oh=329f55e3d26fbd3617ed502576bdb752&oe=5955E407

PC specs 
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHZ 2.67GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 06:31 AM

So i then thought it could be the length of the cable slowing it down

that wouldn't be the issue....ethernet cables can be run 300ft or 100m without any problems or loss of performance

the ethernet cable would most likely give you better results then your dongle

Edited by mikey11, 28 June 2017 - 06:32 AM.

#3 AtomShards

AtomShards
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:18 AM

So i then thought it could be the length of the cable slowing it down

that wouldn't be the issue....ethernet cables can be run 300ft or 100m without any problems or loss of performance

the ethernet cable would most likely give you better results then your dongle

Its not only the Ethernet cable though! And i have tried other cables too

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users