Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Macromedia Flash

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 loveablekitty

loveablekitty

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:17 AM

Hi I installed SpyBot S&D also Spywareblaster my problem is that in Swb under tools in check marked the Flash then realize that I can"t play web games so I unchecked and reboot but its not working, I downloaded it again and its in add& remove but i cant find the install app (so i think its not) can someone help me here please Im basely new to computers and learning so I need simple walk thrus also since installing both spys, boxs ( gray) then (yellow) has been poping up and not to sure what I'm to do I have only one choice thats to check the small box ( in the gray) and only then will it let me close the warning is this normal? if I dont then it wont close . not sure if you need this but I also have norton,spydoctor/registrymech payed version,kerio,and Adaware SE windows is xp2000 thanks with gratitude, kit :thumbsup:
Remember, if you haven't got a smile on your face and
laughter in your heart......Then you are just an old sour fart.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:28 AM

Do you have Spydoctor or SpywareDoctor? Spyware Doctor=Good; Spydoctor=Bad
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 loveablekitty

loveablekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:06 PM

hi buddy215 I have spyware doctor

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:59 PM

Kerio and Norton both could be firewall and antivirus. Since you didn't clarify, make sure you only have ONE firewall and ONE antivirus active on your computer.
As far as the popups go, surely they give you info on what program is trying to install or run. Generally with Spybot, if you are in the process of adding a program, Spybot is just asking you if you want to allow it. Normally, in this case you would. Both popups are probably asking about the same change to the registry.
I would uninstall the Flash and reinstall and pay attention to what the popup warnings say.
Oh, and tell the marshal I said HI!

Edited by buddy215, 11 September 2006 - 02:02 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 loveablekitty

loveablekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:41 PM

Buddy just to understand this, and I do thank you for your time and the Marshal says HI "o} the Kerio is a firewall I have that blue shield but I dont think the norton is -right? but it is a antivir, its the corporate version so should I remove the norton since I have spybot S&D and what about the spyware doctor and spywareBlaster , and spydoctor registry mechanic , as far as I know the AdAware SE is ok lol I think I might have tooo much and the sunbeltKerio personal is the only firewall I have. And yes the pop-ups are about the registry . 1more please lol are you saying to deleted the Flash in ADD/REMOVE then downloaded again from the web ??? ok the marshal says you can shoot the not to smart miss kitty rotflmao oh this is Grinler fault lol I did what he said in his post on steps /secure lol

#6 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:08 PM

First, look in My Documents/My downloads--for "Install flash player". Double click on it to see if it will install. If not, then uninstall in Add/Remove and download again.
Your security programs are fine as long as you only have one each firewall and antivirus. Just want to caution you on using registry mechanic.
Shoot Kitty and have Chester/Festus and Matt after me? I don't think so.

#7 loveablekitty

loveablekitty
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:16 PM

lmao thx I will try this but why the caution Its a pay program and I been having probs in my registry which seem to fix it but I have to say its always back its in my c/kit document thx for NOT shooting me "o}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users