Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aspire M1641 PC on board video fades after being on for a couple of hour?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 498 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hi,

I've been working on a very old (2008) Acer computer Aspire M1641. After replacing a dead hard drive and updating the OS to Windows 10 it starts and runs fine.

However, when the owner took it back he found that a new issue started where the monitor image become washed out after the computer is running for a while.

I've gone to Acer and Nvidia neither helped much. Nvidia's auto detect can't detect anything probably since the video is on board.

Acer gives an update program which also doesn't detect any updates needed.

So, does anyone know what might cause this and how it might be fixed if it can?

Thanks,

John

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:06 PM

I suspect the video card is not compatible with Windows 10.

You can force the compatibility check by entering the following in a Command prompt...

schtasks.exe /Run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser"

Edited by jwoods301, 27 June 2017 - 06:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users