Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need solid advice for a new build.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jrencore

Jrencore

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:28 PM

I am looking for a borderline budget desktop build that will possibly include the amd fx 8350. Building it for mostly gaming and possible streaming.So if possible can someone help with the motherboard and graphics card selection plus any other suggestion would be great. Im trying to stay generally in the 6 to 700s for this build. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:51 PM

amd fx 8350?

With Ryzen out you may want to rethink this.

How about this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tkVfLD

Its a bit above your budget but you get some great parts, and windows is included in the price there.

I cut out any additions like SSD's and more RAM

Edited by MadmanRB, 27 June 2017 - 02:54 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

amd fx 8350?

With Ryzen out you may want to rethink this.

How about this:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tkVfLD

Its a bit above your budget but you get some great parts, and windows is included in the price there.

I cut out any additions like SSD's and more RAM

whats so good about the ryzen 5. This is why im on here asking lol so i dont make a bad financial decision. im very new to PC building.

#4 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

plus could you suggest a pc build that is budget to buy for my girlfriend. she mostly plays league of legends but she would play other games too.

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:16 PM

Due to the current "gold rush" on GPU's for crypto-currency mining, it's a pretty bad time to be building a gaming system.  Prices have gone through the roof as supplies dry up.  Just something to bear in mind.

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

whats so good about the ryzen 5. This is why im on here asking lol so i dont make a bad financial decision. im very new to PC building.

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-5-1600-vs-AMD-FX-8350/3919vs1489

Though I will agree with jonuk76 that right now is a bad time for PC buying

I mean yeah if you wanted to build now the 1050ti is not a bad card but you could do better if you wanted to wait.

Edited by MadmanRB, 27 June 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#7 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:58 AM

Well we definitely need PCs for now even if we cant stream or anything we need something with basic capabilities. Right now im using an aweful stock cpu with an ssd and the geforce gtx 1060 and the cpu cant handle a damn thing. Besides that i have another mother board which was running my other cpu which was signifigantly better but the cpu is dead. Do you think it would be better to just build a pc with the componenst i have and then just adding a few parts? And when would be a good time to start building?

#8 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,275 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

Well if you already have a GPU great as you will be able to transfer that over :D

No one said the hardware you have in your current machine has to stay in it after all.

What else do you have in your rig?

You said SSD so thats good too.

I could cut out the GPU in my PCpartpicker list and substitute another SSD even :D

Here I edited it, same link though:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vvCt2R

Your current computer can go GPU free if it has a APU

Edited by MadmanRB, 28 June 2017 - 07:32 AM.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#9 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:41 AM

Right now im using an aweful stock cpu with an ssd and the geforce gtx 1060 and the cpu cant handle a damn thing. Do you think it would be better to just build a pc with the componenst i have and then just adding a few parts? 

Well if you have a GTX 1060 already, that's a good graphics card. The few places that still have stock are charging high prices for them (seems to be averaging $350+ for the 3 Gb version).  Those are the parts that have inflated prices at the moment.

Perhaps if you listed what you had already, we could get a better picture.

And when would be a good time to start building?

Who knows. If not buying a GPU, just go ahead if you have the cash. Memory & SSD's are somewhat expensive at the moment, but within normal range of fluctuation.  The last time there was a rush on GPU's (Bitcoin, a few years ago) the problem ended itself as the difficulty level quickly ramped up to the extent that GPU's were no longer profitable, and custom hardware became required...

7sbvuf-6.png

#10 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:08 AM

Well if you already have a GPU great as you will be able to transfer that over :D

No one said the hardware you have in your current machine has to stay in it after all.

I could cut out the GPU in my PCpartpicker list and substitute another SSD even :D

i always knew i could transfer over, but when i asked the initial question i was thinking that i was going to build a new pc for my girlfriend and just upgrade some of the components for mine. But since every one said that it might not be a good idea to build right now then i was thinking maybe i should try to build pcs that will run for now.

along with the items i already named, i also had 8gb of RAM (4gb pny ddr3 + 4gb corsair vengeance SDRAM) and for the motherboard i had the GA-F2A88XM-DS2. and when my cpu was still working i had the amd A series black edition. In addition to those i have 1 more 4gb stick of the pny ram, and radeon HD 5870 which i was thinking of putting in my girlfriends pc for the time being. any thought on how long i should wait to get components or if i should get some cheap components to get me by?

i always knew i could transfer over, but when i asked the initial question i was thinking that i was going to build a new pc for my girlfriend and just upgrade some of the components for mine. But since every one said that it might not be a good idea to build right now then i was thinking maybe i should try to build pcs that will run for now.

along with the items i already named, i also had 8gb of RAM (4gb pny ddr3 + 4gb corsair vengeance SDRAM) and for the motherboard i had the GA-F2A88XM-DS2. and when my cpu was still working i had the amd A series black edition. In addition to those i have 1 more 4gb stick of the pny ram, and radeon HD 5870 which i was thinking of putting in my girlfriends pc for the time being. any thought on how long i should wait to get components or if i should get some cheap components to get me by?

#11 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:10 AM

sorry about the double post. this computer is slow lol

#12 Jrencore

Jrencore
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

Right now im using an aweful stock cpu with an ssd and the geforce gtx 1060 and the cpu cant handle a damn thing. Do you think it would be better to just build a pc with the componenst i have and then just adding a few parts? 

Well if you have a GTX 1060 already, that's a good graphics card. The few places that still have stock are charging high prices for them (seems to be averaging $350+ for the 3 Gb version).  Those are the parts that have inflated prices at the moment.

Perhaps if you listed what you had already, we could get a better picture.

And when would be a good time to start building?

Who knows. If not buying a GPU, just go ahead if you have the cash. Memory & SSD's are somewhat expensive at the moment, but within normal range of fluctuation.  The last time there was a rush on GPU's (Bitcoin, a few years ago) the problem ended itself as the difficulty level quickly ramped up to the extent that GPU's were no longer profitable, and custom hardware became required...

Gotcha. Thanks for filling me in. I didn't list the parts i had because i was trying to make one for my girlfriend. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users