Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2016 error "Something Went Wrong and your search couldnt be completed"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chugg

chugg

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Ever since I let miscrsoft tech support into my outlook it has been behaving badly. They put my info in a pst file and it wasnt setup like that before.   Now my search function isnt working when I search for emails, tasks and contacts.  I get the error "Something Went Wrong and your search couldnt be completed".  I tried re indexing and that didnt help.  I tried deleting my deleted mail and that didnt work.  I dont know what to do.  Please help if you can.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SMBTech

SMBTech

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:05 PM

I've seen some posts suggesting a conflict with Malwarebytes.  Try uninstalling if installed.  Also updates KB4022725 and KB4022405 are being blamed for initiating the problem.  I'm looking at third party options to improve search.

#3 chugg

chugg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 627 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

thank you SMBTech.  I will un install malware bytes as I am still having this problem.  If you find anything else I appreciate it if you let me know.  This is really adding alot of extra hours to my work days.  

#4 Iceriver19

Iceriver19

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:58 AM

I've seen some posts suggesting a conflict with Malwarebytes.  Try uninstalling if installed.  Also updates KB4022725 and KB4022405 are being blamed for initiating the problem.  I'm looking at third party options to improve search.

Just to add to SMBTech's thought to Windows Update.  Check out this article.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/b8e24046-0bb1-4624-8ef7-6c268f2a6b13/something-went-wrong-and-your-search-couldnt-be-completed?forum=outlook

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

– Elbert Hubbard

______________________________________________________________________________________

~IceRiver19~

#5 DelPomerinke

DelPomerinke

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Right I've seen the June Patching updates cause Outlook searching issues.    A newer patch was released I believe in August to correct those June Patches,  so just Windows update Client patches again and you should be good to go. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users