Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MAC OS X Reformat

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTech

DreadTech

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:02 AM

Morning,

I have an older Mac Book Pro that i would like to reformat been trying the usual Command and R button but nothing is happening. Do i have an other options?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:22 PM

I probably cannot help with the details (just possibly I might...), but some more details would help anybody assess this. In particular the exact model of the MBP would be essential, and also whether you have any media that originally came with it.

Additionally what version of macOS has it been upgraded to, and do you have the Apple ID credentials associated with the installation of that OS upgrade?

x64

#3 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

Try holding down Option-Command-R or Shift-Option-Command-R at startup to run internet recovery. If that doesn't work your Mac may need a firmware update. Last but not least, your Mac may be running a version of OS X that doesn't have a recovery partition.  

#4 DreadTech

DreadTech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:17 PM

Hello Out There,

Got some more info for you it's MAC OS X - 10.5.8

#5 Buddyme2

Buddyme2

• Members
  • 712 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 PM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hello Out There,

Got some more info for you it's MAC OS X - 10.5.8

Which MBP do you have exactly?
OSX 10.5.8 does not have the Recovery Partition. You'll either need to upgrade OS X or find a 10.5.x install disc (black X disc, NOT the grey disc). 
You'll need OS X 10.6.x in order to get the latest version of OS X from the App Store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users