Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Integrated Microphone Array Not Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jamessunderland663

Jamessunderland663

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:11 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:09 AM

I use an HP EliteBook 8540w with Windows 7. This problem has been on and off for the past month. It resolved itself recently when I updated the IDT High Definition Audio Codec Driver. But after restarting my computer the problem is back. I'm not sure what is causing it and reinstalling the driver doesn't help now. The speakers work fine, it's just the mic. The only slightly out of order thing is that when I scanned for Hardware Changes in Device Manager is alerted me that my PCI Serial Port Driver was missing. Can anyone help?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,440 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:51 AM

Is it possibly a sensitivity issue? The only thing I could find was in the below link.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-13-Microphone-not-sensitive/td-p/5405729

#3 Jamessunderland663

Jamessunderland663
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

Is it possibly a sensitivity issue? The only thing I could find was in the below link.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Envy-13-Microphone-not-sensitive/td-p/5405729

Nope and now the mic is working again. This is the weirdest thing.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,440 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

Feels more like an intermittent hardware failure than software. In the other thread I posted a later driver from HP. If you get more outages you may want to try that driver but again always create a System Restore Point before installing.

#5 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:26 PM

LOL... AV problems... (huh... uhhh.. heh...heh heh heh ...uhhhh microphone check...)

Did you tap the microphone to see if it responds?

Does it just sounds like ghosts? 

Did you see anything sharp by your laptop?

Uhhh one of those tacticle headsets with a mic works better.

Uhhhh... (what about.... uhhhh lapel.. yeah the lapel.... uhhhh heh...heh.. you said lapel...heh...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users