Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BtvStack Appilcation error. Problem or infection?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 compbuff

compbuff

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:51 AM

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 8.1. I'm not yet sure if this is the right place to post this but most Bluetooth Application errors can be as a result of a potential infection..I've not noticed my PC having any problems; it's not been slow or erratic or malfunctioning in any other way. I ran both a Malwarebytes Anti-malware scan as well as an Avast scan and they both came up clear, and have been running both on a weekly basis including an ESET scan as an extra measure. I don't download 3rd party tools and don't don't do peer2 peer downloading. 

On startup the error message showed the following:

BtvStack.exe - Application error
The instruction at 0xf656b748 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read. 
Click on ok to terminate the program

My bluetooth is installed and the bluetooth symbol is shown in my system tray, and is shown in Device manager as working problem. 

I welcome further advice and whether a further infection check is still recommended or if this should  be elevated to a different part of the forum. Thank you in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 compbuff

compbuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2017 - 02:20 PM

Just want to try and elevate this post as I have not yet had any response or reply regarding my issue.

Thank you.

#3 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 02 July 2017 - 05:44 PM

I would check on Acer's site to see if they have updated drivers for Bluetooth.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Edited by jwoods301, 02 July 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#4 compbuff

compbuff
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:54 AM

Thank you jwoods301. I will try that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users