Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to burn music onto a DVD+RW?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGalaxy

BlueGalaxy

• Members
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

Hi, everyone. I have some DVD+RW disks. They are 4.7 GB, 4x speed, and 120 minutes of data. I want to add some songs to the disk so I can play it in the car. How can I do this? Do any of you guys know how to burn music onto a DVD+RW disk? I can use either Windows or Linux software.

Edited by BlueGalaxy, 26 June 2017 - 08:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hareen

Hareen

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

Use Nero. I use it for most of my burnings. Though I never tried music before. I used it mostly for data burning, copying and image burning

You can find more info at :

www.nero.com

#3 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:28 AM

If you have a car player that can play a DVD as a music source, just copy music files onto the DVD in whatever media format the player uses, MP3, WMA, AAC etc. If the player can use a DVD like this, it should work the same as if the files were on a flash drive, folders would appear as albums etc.
Top 5 things that never get done:

#4 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 464 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Sounds like your needs are fairly basic. No need to go all out for some premium burning software. You should have a look at the FreeWare listed below. I currently use Burnaware for music cd.

http://www.burnaware.com/

https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

If you're going to do mp3 music, I would, I'd suggest you process them through mp3 gain before burning the music to disc. http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

Tired of reaching for your volume knob every time your mp3 player changes to a new song? I do.
MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same general overall volume. It's quick & does an excellent job with no degrading of audio.

If you're really picky about audio quality, then have a look at EAC [ExactAudioQuality] http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

It makes little sense to burn DVD audio, especially if mp3. You'd need a hundreds+ songs to fill a 4.7GB DVD to capacity. Just grabbing the first 800 from my library wouldn't fill a DVD.

A standard inexpensive CD at 700mb capacity will hold a ton of mp3s sampled at 128-320 bit rate. Most discs will play 6+ hours with very good audio for a car stereo.

I'd avoid discs labeled RW. Just be sure to use quality name brand discs, TDK, Maxell, Sony etc, not those bargain basement varieties.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#5 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,822 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:30 PM

Nero will work well. I use Roxio. Using different file formats, i.e. WAV or MP3, I can get between 8 hours (WAV) and 120 hours (MP3) worth of music on each disc.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

As previously mentioned...it's likely that your auto player would be the show-stopper, since many will take/read/play CDs, but not necessarily have the capability for handling DVDs.  A look at the specs for the player will indicate what is playable.

Louis

#7 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 9,014 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:17 AM

Not that I don't agree with those who've cautioned the OP to double-check whether his auto stereo is DVD compatible or not, but I'm actually shocked at how many turn up in this Amazon search that definitely are.  It does make sense that since most automotive stereos became "mp3 on CD" players as well as commercial CD players a very long time ago that this would be extended to the DVD format, since it holds so much more data.

For myself, were I upgrading, I'd go for on of the units that will accept a straight SD or microSD card which, even at a "small" 32 GB, can hold more CDs worth of music than I'd ever want to carry in their original form in my car (and particularly in the cab of a truck).

If the OP's stereo is DVD compatible and will play MP3s then just burning the MP3s to the DVD by the method of preference will work.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users