Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Homepage button changed to Skype?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AComputer

AComputer

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

If I click the homepage button in Firefox, it now loads Skype instead of Google. I didn't change it to Skype and the setting in Firefox's options is still showing that it's set to Google. What's going on? Thanks in advance!

-Just ran ccleaner and after the deletions, the homepage button loads Google again. Not sure what caused this in the first place. Is there anything else I should check for? 

Edited by britechguy, 26 June 2017 - 04:26 PM.
Moved to "Am I Infected?" since this behavior suggests possible infection

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,320 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Check your extensions in Firefox for Skype. Check in your list of installed programs for Skype Click to Call. Uninstall Skype Click To Call unless you

actually click on phone numbers in ads.

I've noticed Skype making a lot of changes in the past 2 months.  A couple of weeks ago when updating Skype in my Windows 7 my Firewall program

was constantly telling me that Skype was trying to establish a connection through my Firefox in Windows. Come July 1st some serious change will take place

in Skype. For instance it will no longer support Skype in Windows Phones unless they have Windows 10 installed.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users