Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 SendTo folder

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Christechie

Christechie

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

I have a Win10 user who needs to print multiple WP files from within a folder in Win10.  Under Win7, I created a shortcut to his default printer in the SendTo folder.  I then created an entry in Regedit under

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer.

I created a DWORD (32bit) called MultipleInvokePromptMinimum and modified it under Base with a Decimal value of 50.  Afterward he could select 50 WP files and perform a Sent To, select his default printer and all 50 documents printed in succession.

Now this same user has a Win10 machine and I'm trying to allow the same type of multi-document printing.  I followed the same steps when I entered the Decimal value of 50 and he selected 50 documents, only a small portion printed (14).

A co-worker suggested setting the Decimal value to 16 which is supposed to indicate unlimited but this only allowed the printing of 9 documents, even though 50 were selected.

Does anyone know the correct Decimal value to enter so an unlimited number of documents will print?  Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,282 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:09 PM

The Decimal value should be 22 according to the below link. 16 is the Hex value. I can't confirm if this will only print 22 files at once or anything selected.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/print-more-than-15-files-windows

A possible workaround?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jRteCGBxE

Edited by JohnC_21, 26 June 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#3 Christechie

Christechie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

JohnC_21, thanks for your response.  However setting the Hex value to 16 so that the Decimal value becomes 22 did not work.  I selected 68 files to print and used the SendTo my default printer method and only 4 documents actually printed.  I then tried the method described in the YouTube video link and dragged 50 files to the Printer queue window and 4 documents printed.

Since this DWORD value was not in the registry to begin with, I deleted it and again tried the YouTube video link method of dragging the files to the Printer queue.  This time 8 of the 68 documents printed.

Let me reiterate that this DWORD worked fine under Windows 7 Pro with a Hex value of 32 and a Decimal value of 50.  When the user selected 50 files or more than 50 using the SendTo method, all 50 documents printed.

This is definitely a Windows 10 Pro issue.  There is no consistency to this DWORD.  I set the Hex value to 15 which made the Decimal value 21 and then tried to print 25 documents on one Win 10 machine.  21 documents printed with the SendTo command, which is the best result that I have gotten.

On an identical Win 10 PC (they are cloned) I also set the DWORD Hex value to 15 and Decimal value of 21.  But when I tried to print 25 documents, this time only 19 actually printed.

If anyone has a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,282 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:21 AM

Can't say it will help but it may point you in the right direction.

http://blogs.rand.com/support/2016/08/batch-printing-issues-related-to-recent-windows-security-updates.html

#5 Christechie

Christechie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Thanks JohnC_21 but this did not help.  That particular update is not listed in the update history on the problem PC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users