Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

screen freezes and speakers make buzzing sound

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 erikward11

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:06 PM

I bought a new desktop a little over a year ago and it just started having some problems. While watching a video it will sometimes freeze the entire computer and the speakers will buzz. It usually only lasts a few seconds and then goes back to normal. This has happened quite a lot recently and on one occasion it went to a blue error screen that said DPC_Watchdog_violation before restarting my computer. Im not sure if i need to replace something, if anyone has any ideas, i would appreciate the help and any recommendations on how to fix it.

A little about my computer:
ASUS model M52BC-US002T
AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz Processor 64bit, 8-Core
12GB Memory, 2TB 7200RPMN Storage
Graphics AMD Radeon R7 240 2GB GDDR3
300W Power Supply
Windows 10 Home 64-Bit
AMD 970 Motherboard Chipset

I have two display monitors running. My left monitor is used to watch netflix on and is an AOC connected with a DVI cable, and my rightside monitor that i do my work on is a Dell connected with a VGA Cable. I work from home and would like to retain two monitors, so any possible fixes would preferably allow me to keep this set-up. Thanks in advance!

On a different forum website, instead of offering me help, people decided making fun of my computer specs would be fun. Please understand i am completely aware that my computer is probably not as good as yours. I bought a pre-assembled computer that i only use for work. It does not need to be a super machine. I only use it for work, one monitor to watch netflix while i work, and one monitor to have an excel spreadsheet. Please only give advice on things to replace ONLY if it pertains to the problem i am having, not because you think it is an inferior product. Thank you in advance and i am sorry for the tone of my post. I need help, not to have my time wasted. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MDD1963

• Members
  • 685 posts
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

Power supply might be aging, and, now incapable of supplying sufficient clean power to mainboard and/or cpu...

You can try retesting with only a single RAM stick in required first slot to rule out your RAM modules one at a time....

As the sound is going 'whacked' at the same time the system is hitching, this is not just a video issue...

Check your cpu's thermals...what are your core temps?

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

#3 erikward11

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:34 AM

Thank you, that confirms i will just need to take it somewhere for repairs. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users