Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MS Exchange 2013 Server Question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dsagez

dsagez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:31 AM

Every Sunday I have my Server set to run updates and automatically reboot. Recently an issue has shown face that is causing  Clients to the d/c message from Outlook. It appears to only way to resolve this is to reboot the server again. If anyone can shine some light on this issue or point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated. I will check this forum regularly and if more information is needed just let me know what you need.

Thanks to anyone for any help.

Server Os - WSBS 2011 S1

Updates are current and stay current

Running ESET for AV but have all Email portion disabled considering I run external filters for email

MS Exchange Console - No special rules just simply Email Routing and Mailbox control.

Issue - After scheduled reboot Outlook d/c from server

Have tried restarting all services - nothing

Only apparent resolution so far is to manually reboot server again.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DelPomerinke

DelPomerinke

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

Please explain in more detail   'Outlook d/c from server'    

Is ESET Exchange application aware version of AV?

If Outlook is restarted will it reconnect?

#3 nehaxavier

nehaxavier

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

Yes, Please explain more in detail

#4 dsagez

dsagez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:37 AM

Thank you for the replies, I believe I found the culprit and have resolved my issue. 2 weeks so far of successful reboots.

---Correction Exchange failed to work properly after scheduled reboot - This occurred after 2 weeks of successful reboots, It seems Exchange is hanging up, all services are running, have tried restarting all exchange services. Only resolution I can find at the moment is to manually reboot server again.

Edited by dsagez, 07 August 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#5 dsagez

dsagez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

Ok It appears that MSExchangeMailSubmission is failing to automatically start. The only dependencies are Microsoft Exchange Active Directory Topology which appears to start correctly. What would cause the MSExchangeMailSubmission not to start?

#6 DelPomerinke

DelPomerinke

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

It's uncommon for that service to NOT autostart.    Possibly the MSExchangeADTopology dependent service is slow to start itself.    If possible check AD and DNS health,  as well if this a virtual machine ensure adequate CPU/Memory resources are applied.   Default step when TS any Exchange server issue is to ensure File Level AV has appropriate exclusions  and/or disable File Level AV temporarily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users