Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Device Id Help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lejarradrad

lejarradrad

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if you could help me.

Im not sure if you need these details to help but, I have an ac97 sound card, and I am running XP

Recently, I have been having problems with getting sound from my machine, and recording with it.
It was working fine, then suddenly it has started playing up. I can no longer hear sounds off websites when I am using Internet Exporer, and I can no longer record using Audacity or WaveStudio.

When I am using Audacity, if I press record I get some error involving 'I/O'. However when I am using Wave studio, if I press record, I get a completely different error involving 'Audio Device ID being out of range'.

What does this mean? I have been searching the internet, but to no avail.

I have tried installing different drivers for it, and going into:

'control panel/sound and audio devices/' and clicking on the audio tab. I then tried changing the default voice playback and voice recording boxes. But once you click 'apply' and 'close the box' and then reopen it, the boxes change back to what they were.' I donít know if this has anything to do with it at all, I've just tried everything I can think of.

If you could help me, or let me know who I can get help off, it would be much appreciated.

Could you please reply to my hotmail account ***********

Cheers for your help

Jarred

Mod Edit: Email address removed to protect from spambots

Edited by Papakid, 11 September 2006 - 08:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:40 PM

Welcome to bleeping computers,

What you can try to do, is you can try to "reset" your audio card, you must be careful when you do this, if you have an esd wrist strap use it, otherwise, be as careful as possible NOT to pose any static electricity threat to your computer. The process is easy however,

Open up your case, and see where your audio card connects to your motherboard (there are usually screws involved) make sure your screwdriver is not magnetic, and unscrew the audio card, on the edges of the curcuit board, left out the audio card and then gently push it back into place. Make sure that you have pushed it in all the way, but don't push so hard as to break the device. If when you do this you see no change, tell me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users