Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Does Not Start Then Problem Fixes Itself, Why?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 marsh84722

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:06:06 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:53 AM

Yesterday I tried to add another hard drive to my computer.  When I went to turn it on, the computer did nothing.  I tried putting all the cables back to where they were, tried unplugging/plugging back in, and tried to examine the power button.  Still would not respond when I pushed the power button.  No lights, no noise, nothing.  Then when I left the computer alone for about 30 minutes and tried again it powered up fine.  I've had this same problem come up with other computers over the years where it just dies and then works again after you leave it alone for a while.  I'm glad the problem resolves itself but would like to know why exactly this happens?  My guess is that it was a heating issue but it would be nice to have an official reason that's documented somewhere.

These are my computer specs:

Windows Version            Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit  Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
DirectX Version            11.0

Processor 1            ID = 0
    Number of cores        4 (max 4)
    Number of threads    4 (max 4)
    Name            AMD A4-5000
    Codename        Kabini
    Specification        AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics    
    Package         Socket FT3 (BGA769)
    CPUID            F.0.1
    Extended CPUID        16.0
    Core Stepping        KB-A1
    Technology        28 nm
    TDP Limit        15.0 Watts
    Core Speed        1497.0 MHz
    Multiplier x Bus Speed    15.0 x 99.8 MHz
    Stock frequency        1500 MHz
    Instructions sets    MMX (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, SSE4A, x86-64, AMD-V, AES, AVX

Mainboard Model        2B18 (0x000000DD - 0x000024E0)

See attachment for more spec information

Attached Files

Edited by marsh84722, 26 June 2017 - 07:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users