Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not Able To Interact With Anything Without Clicking Side Mouse Button First

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 BLToaster

BLToaster

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:41 AM

This began a couple days ago at random, no major hardware/software changes or updates that could have caused it. I booted up my computer from normal and I was unable to interact with anything. Whether it was just a normal internet window, game, or the icons on the taskbar...I wasn't able to click on anything. I found out that if I would click the side mouse buttons of my mouse on the window or area I wanted to interact with that it would allow me to do so normally. It would only work for that one area though and not anything else.

Thus far I've ran virus/malware tests, checked health of hard drives, verified temperatures are normal, and completely reinstalled Win10 however it is still occurring. Last I reinstalled it worked normally but after a little while (couple hours of use maybe) the issue came back. This leads me to think it is some type of software interaction that is somewhat suppressing my mouse.

If anyone has any idea I'd appreciate hearing it, I've never dealt with an issue like this.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:20 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Have you tired a different mouse?

Have you looked in the Device Manager to see if there are any yellow warning icons or red error icons under Mice and other pointing devices?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 BLToaster

BLToaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

It's a custom make rig, specs here:

• Mobo: ASRock Taichi X370
  • GPU: Asus Strix 390X
  • CPU: Ryzen 1700 @ 3.7Ghz
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 2933 MHz

I have tried a different mouse which had the same result (in addition to other USB ports). I did not take a look at Device Manager yet (should have my bad) and will check when I get home. Also going to create a new Windows account and see if that fixes anything.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 09:54 AM

Let us know what you find in the Device manager.

Something else you should look into is the Universal Serial Bus controllers.  There is the possibility that a controller is shutting down port to save power.  If you look at the USB Root Hubs under the Power Management tab you will see the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.  Remove the check in the box for this option and see if the ports will work consistently.

Another thing you could try would be to click/tap on Action and select Scan for hardware changes.  If power to the USB ports is turned off this will force them to restart.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users