Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer making noises

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Matt132

Matt132

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:08 AM

Bought the computer about 2 and 1/2 weeks ago it has a liquid cooling system and I started hearing gushing/whooshing noises from it about a week after getting it which I chalked up to being air in the system which sounded like it wasn't a big deal.  Just today it started making a grinding/whirring noise which I'm pretty sure is coming from the fan in the upper back part of the computer which after restarting died down to a very slight buzzing with an occasional ticking like noise you can barely hear unless you put your ear close to it,  but the computer twice today also made a strange noise that I'm not sure how to describe.  The closest I can describe it is that it sounded kind of like and electronic powering down and then a charging (kind of like when you hear a defibrillator charge in a movie) noise.

So, I was wondering does this mean the liquid cooling/fan combo thing is going bad and what could the other noise be from?  If it is the fan would it be alright to continue using the computer since the fan seems to still be working fine besides the very slight noise and could it possibly stop on its own?

Not sure if it will help but here is a link to the computer itself https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGXDXZF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Also I keep CPUID HWMonitor running in the background and one thing I noticed was that the VIN14 under Voltages section for the motherboard is using 0.00V does that mean it died or something?  I included a screenshot of what I mean.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matt132

Matt132
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

I'm pretty sure I figured out the problem and it's GPU coil whine or so I'm assuming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users