Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

looking for SIMPLE calendar program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 12:24 AM

I found a simple calendar program but it is still not exactly what I am looking for.  

I found and tried Desktopcal, a Desktop Calendar program, which allows showing a month by month calendar, able to let user enter text information to plainly be visible right on each calendar day, but I still find some problems:

• Calendar Day numbers font color cannot be changed
  • Background color for each calendar day must be empty, ability to make it colorless or white
  • Notes entered on any calendar day maintain a fixed font size and cannot be changed
  • Border around each calendar day difficult to see - contrast cannot be changed
  • Printed calendar is no better for visibility

I have tried internet search for a simple calendar program but this Desktopcal is the best I have been able to find.  Does ANYBODY know of another better one?  The way I would want to use it is to make a MONTH calendar, put in reminder notes on some calendar day, and print the calendar and post it on a wall.  Desktopcal is just not good enough.   Anyone know of ANYTHING like what I look for ?

(Preferably also want to keep each calendar as a file)

Edited by cafejose, 26 June 2017 - 12:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:13 AM

I use the Lightning calendar add-on in Mozilla Thunderbird, and it works well for me.

YMMV

#3 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,638 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:47 AM

It sounds like you're not looking for a calendar program, in the way I use that phrase, at all, but a yearly calendar template that you can fill in and print each month.

If you have MS-Word, or similar, see the results of this search:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ms+word+2017+monthly+calendar+printable+free&t=hz&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

There's got to be one that fits the bill, as there are too many to even hope to look at them all.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

#4 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,019 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

It sounds like you're not looking for a calendar program, in the way I use that phrase, at all, but a yearly calendar template that you can fill in and print each month.

If you have MS-Word, or similar, see the results of this search:  https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ms+word+2017+monthly+calendar+printable+free&t=hz&atb=v33-7__&ia=web

There's got to be one that fits the bill, as there are too many to even hope to look at them all.

More accurately, MONTHLY CALENDAR TEMPLATE; and although MS Word does let user create a form, inserting and adjusting a table, to make into a calendar, the answer is EXCEL Spreadsheet program, and maybe if lucky, other 'office' applications with spreadsheet programs included would also allow for making a calendar. 

(only recently been reminded that Excel will do this after seeing a demonstration on youtube as part of search)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users