Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

There's A Sucker Born Every Minute

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,727 posts
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

H.L. Mencken once commented....“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.”

This afternoon I had the TV on waiting for 60 Minutes when a new ad came on. It's for a FREE sample of hair growing crapola for women. Then I thought...hey...I don't recall seeing a weight loss ad in a long long time. For a month or more an ad was running for the latest greatest made in the USA...so they said...computer security program. I since

learned that is not totally honest. It's reported they use a signature base from another program that is not in the USA.

After seeing the ad for the hair growing crapola I did a search for a review and complaints. I just knew there would be lots of those....I wasn't disappointed. It's another

one of those scams that promises a free sample and in the very small print puts you on a delivery list for a monthly charged supply of this crapola. You see these scams come and go in waves. See the info in this obfuscated link. (don't want to attract the attention of the scammers)

Crapola for the masses

Yes...I'm aware of being a member of the great masses....

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Just_One_Question

• Members
  • 1,400 posts
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

I agree that these types of sellers are using cheap tricks left and right, but seriously what is also up with the plethora of people all throughout the planet who just refuse to do some basic research on virtually anything. I mean, would it kill you to ask a couple of questions? I swear, I feel like I am in some minority of people who whenever are presented with a new contract for a service, which they plan on using for an extended period of time, take the contract home, read it, call to ask for some clarifications and then come on the next day/week for the actual signing if pleased. Why do so many people do everything on the spot immediately?

BTW, I read the Terms & Conditions of Societe Generale bank some time ago and it was filled with grammatical, lexical and punctuation mistakes, even some logical ones, on almost every single page, which leads me to think that no-one bothers to check the actual contract, the agreement between the parties, not even the institution that sells it. Guess, we really are living in the instant gratification era...

By the way, now that I re-read my comment, I come off as someone who is bit**ing about the topic. I was actually agreeing and expanding on what you wrote, just to be clear.:lmao:

Edited by Just_One_Question, 25 June 2017 - 06:46 PM.

#3 Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  • Local time:02:59 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:16 AM

and every second Im sucking my straw out of them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users