Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware still hanging around?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 harden123

harden123

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

A few weeks ago I noticed Malwarebytes and Roguekiller were missing. I tried to download  Malwarebytes but received a windows pop up that the app was blocked for my protection to contact administrator. Thinking nothing, I tried several other cleaners and received the same message. Many steps and days later, I ran across a post that showed how to fix the trusted certificates in order to download Malwarebytes. I did that with success and ran the cleaner. I also read another post of how to clean the infection in steps using different programs, hitman pro, adwcleaner, and others. I have ran all of them but I am not sure the malware is gone. A few times when I have tried to shut down I get the windows message that a program is preventing closing, appears that some internet pages flash in reloading, video on pages play automatically, system lags at times. All of this might be normal. This is a new laptop and I am now running windows 10. I am just nervous at this point. I have never had a bad infection before and it scares me some to not be in the know. If someone could look at my system and let me know if there is anything left I would appreciate it. 

I am running windows 10 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

You may have run up against the SmartScreen feature...

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-fix-app-has-been-blocked-your-protection-windows-10

Did the cleaners find any issues?

Some programs, such as the Windows Logoff sound file, will cause delays in shutting down.

If you have multiple programs running when shutting down, you might be seeing the remanents of those windows being closed.

Edited by jwoods301, 25 June 2017 - 06:30 PM.

#3 harden123

harden123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

At first I tried the smart screen. It did not work. I found this in a forum (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200836-an-administrator-blocks-installation-or-launching-of-virus-combating-softwares-after-being-infected/) and it allowed me to download malwarebytes and other programs. Once I did this, Malwarebytes found 78 objects. It also cleared the untrusted certificate list.  The other scans all produced 2 to 3 objects. I have run superantispyware, malwarbytyes, roguekiller, and zemana (?). When I ran these all again today, they show the system clean. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users