Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Locker.bat not opening with cmd even when running as an administrator?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 basit619

basit619

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

I created a locker.bat to hide some pictures in E drive..no I had to hide reinstall windows 10...now after reinstalling when ever I try to open it it gives an error saying"windows cannot acess the specified path or device. You may not have the appropriate permission to acess the file"
plis help..
tried allowing acess by proper ties of the folder in security tab...
tried getting owner ship by advanced security tak..
tred doing alternately by in hiding the folder but all the pictures now have a lock icon and cannot be viewd.....plis help me

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

Does the folder E:\books\pscology\New Folder\New Folder even exist?   It strikes me as very odd to every leave the default folder that gets created when the New->Folder command is used named "New Folder".   Having not one, but two, one embedded under the other, is even more peculiar.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 basit619

basit619
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:46 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:19 PM

Does the folder E:\books\pscology\New Folder\New Folder even exist?   It strikes me as very odd to every leave the default folder that gets created when the New->Folder command is used named "New Folder".   Having not one, but two, one embedded under the other, is even more peculiar.

it does sir plus all the folder is a htg locker folder that was hidden..i tried to unhide it and it showed..but the pictures that were in it are locked and cant be opend...

Attached Files

• Attached File  3.PNG   32.74KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  newf.PNG   9.71KB   0 downloads
  • Attached File  newf2.PNG   15.06KB   0 downloads

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,646 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

How did batch files hide the files. I think you could run a couple of commands to clear the permissions but I think the safest way would be to boot a live linux disk and copy the files to a USB flash drive. Linux ignores Windows permissions.

If booting a linux distro first disable fastboot. In my opinion this should be disabled by default. Disable SecureBoot in your UEFI settings. 

Download the Mint Cinnamon iso file. Burn the iso file to DVD on any Windows 7 or later computer by right clicking and selecting Burn Disk Image. You can also create a bootable flash drive using the iso file and Rufus.

http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3181

Boot the DVD or USB flash drive. Attach the USB flash drive. Open the File Manager. You will see your devices in the left pane. Open your data partition and drill down to your files. Copy and paste the files to your attached USB flash drive which will be shown in devices.

#5 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:51 PM

You might find this article helpful...

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-add-take-ownership-context-menu-windows-10-a.html

Create a System Restore point first before making any changes to your system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users