Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus/trojan On My Computer! Winantivirus Pro 2006 Pop Up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sushiball

sushiball

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:47 AM

I seem to have downloaded a virus/trojan on my computer. :thumbsup: I've run Norton Antivirus and it has detected and quarantined some files, but not all of them. Realtime Protection Scan from Norton Antivirus is telling me that it's found a new virus every few minutes and it cannot clear them or quarantine them

This is the notification I get:

Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Trojan.Dropper
File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MRAB8YXE\srvpjo[1].exe
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\MRAB8YXE
Computer: GOOD
User: Administrator
Action taken: Clean failed : Quarantine failed : Access denied
Date found: Mon Sep 11 02:40:29 2006

I have about 40 of these, and I've deleted all the files in temporary internet files, cookies, temp folder, but they obviously didn't help as I think the virus I have on my computer is making some websites pop up and i'm getting these trojans from those pop up sites.

I've run Lavasoft adaware as well and they've detected about 90 tracking cookies and deleted them, but I keep on getting more and more tracking cookies.

I also noticed that my computer was running VERY slow, and saw that 99% CPU was being used up by Update.exe, and I read that it was a trojan, so I've removed it, and I've also removed mspmspv.exe, but I still get tracking cookies and trojan.dropper and whole bunch of pop ups that tell me to download WinAntiVirus Pro 2006 to remove viruse/trojan I have on my computer.

I've read that winantivirus was also a spyware... but I just dont know how to remove it.

PLEASE HELP!

oh, and it would be great if you can explain what to do in a SIMPLEST way possible since I do not know much about computers.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 moomoo

moomoo

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

I dont know much about the Dropper but i had it once....but there might be 3-5 Java trojans on there too...im not quite sure but there could be and they're remote access so when ur not using this i suggest leaving it off and running your scans in safe mode.
Good luck,
Nick

#3 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

Try this self-help tutorial:
How To Remove Winfixer/Virtumonde/Msevents/Trojan.vundo.b
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users