Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sneaky Remote Viewer On my PC

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jeremybro92

jeremybro92

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

So for many months now I've had this issue where someone is remotely connected to my computer. They click around and make it obvious that they're there when they are on it. I cannot for the life of me figure out how they are doing it. They shut down my PC randomly, cause it to crash, weird cryptic searches show up in my web history.

I also occasionally get warnings from ESET 32 that a "computer on my network is causing an ICMP flood attack". I live with family, and no there is zero chance any of them are doing this.

There's also times when my ram shoots sky high causing my PC to crash, but looking at the resource monitor whatever is doing it is invisible.

Obviously they know every login I have at this point and that's alarming. No one has touched any of my bank accounts or anything like that but god knows what they're doing on my computer.

I have a Windows 10 PC

Things I've tried that did not work:

• Reinstalled Windows
  • Installed Ubuntu and used that
  • MalwareBytes
  • ESET NOD 32
  • Rogue Killer
  • Adw cleaner
  • Junkware removal tool
  • FSS
  • Temp File Cleaner
  • Sophos virus removal tool
  • ESET Powelikes cleaner
  • DarkComet removal tool
  • Disabled remote connections
  • Found no trace of remote viewing programs on my computer

I don't understand how they are hiding so well. Does anyone here have any clue how someone can do this? I'm not that computer savvy, so maybe I'm just stupid and missing it, but there seems to be no trace. They're really good.

Thank you for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 06 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users