Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do Not Have Permission to import a .jpg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sharke

Sharke

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

I am trying to import a .jpg into a puzzle program, and continually get the error "you don't have permission to open this file, contact administrator". I am logged in as the administrator, and all my permissions are full access. I have removed and reinstalled the program, etc. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I snagged a screen shot of the error message. I have even tried relocating my jpg's onto a usb stick, but still get the same error.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

Try running the program as a administrator.

Posted Image

#3 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:36 AM

I've tried that also, no go. I've scanned for adware and viruses, removed the program and reinstalled, to no avail.

#4 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:12 AM

If you can view the pictures without any problem then issue is cause by program it self which in that case you need to contact program developer.

Posted Image

#5 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

File permissions.

Right click on the file and look at its file permissions.

The idea is a person can be god on the computer and still not have permissions to see things on their own turf.

Ah... a USB stick... (yeah file permissions.... or)

try this command that will strip everything from it.

attrib -r -s -h -a <file>

#6 Sharke

Sharke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

I finally figured out the problem. I am using IObit Anti malware for virus protection, and for some reason it decided to block the program I was trying to import my .jpg's into. Reinstalled the program, and when IObit blocked it, I said "allow" and voila....!! Thanks for all your replies though. I appreciate all the comments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users