Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Raymondo44

Raymondo44

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

On my 2nd pc, which I posted in Win7, I had removed the SSD to clone it to a WD 1TB standard hdd. I couldn't achieve this by using my main pc. Since then I have re-installed the SSD back into my 2nd pc and now have problems with BSOD on start-up. I get as far as checking the BIOS and then on re-boot it displays the BSOD. I attach picture of the screen showing this and I tried to attach brief pc specification but was not allowed?

PLEASE any help most appreciated.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

Regretfully, I can no longer afford to spend time analyzing systems with Windows 7 and earlier OS's.

My suggestions for them are:

1)  Perform a "clean" install of Windows to see if that stops the BSOD's:  http://www.carrona.org/canned.html#clean

2)  If that doesn't stop the BSOD's, then first try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html 
If all of the hardware diagnostics pass, try this procedure (designed for desktops, not real easy for laptops):  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

Good luck!

Edited by usasma, 24 June 2017 - 02:48 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:52 AM

I shall be in UK for a week from 26th, so I continue with the problem solving (hopefully) when I return.

Thanks for your help and advice.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:36 AM

Have a nice trip!  I'll automatically receive an email when you reply back to this topic.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 Raymondo44

Raymondo44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 76 posts
  •  

Posted 21 July 2017 - 06:42 AM

Hi, after returning from my holiday, I completed my task of building 2 pc's successfully!!! Seems my main trouble was identified as a badly fitting LGA 775 heatsink/fan unit. Having removed and replaced it as carefully as I could many times, I finally discovered that one of the legs that supports the heatsink/fan had cracked and a small piece of plastic was missing, which allowed the contact between it and the cpu to be uneven. I discovered this with the motherboard sitting on my desk and installing the unit with ultra careful procedure.

So, my two pc's are running well.

Thanks to all who responded to my dilemma   :tophat: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users