Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

After installing bitdefender for XP and Vista, my Realtek audio stops.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 reade_k

reade_k

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 05:13 AM

A reboot 'fixes' it, but eventually it stops. Using 'control panel', there is no audio detected. Is this an issue with bitdefender? I've never had the issue at all prior to installing 'bitdefender'. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:44 PM

What happens if you uninstall Bitdefender?

#3 reade_k

reade_k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:22 AM

bitdefender for XP and Vista was a real chore to install in the first place. I know that is the proper A/B test, but the program isn't free, nor is it easy to install, so I'm a bit leery of doing that. Still, I know you're right that I need to do so.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:41 PM

You might try going into Device Manager, uninstall the Realtek device (don't uninstall the drivers), reboot, and let Windows detect and re-install it for you.

#5 reade_k

reade_k
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:14 PM

I took a different approach and 1) Uninstalled bitdefender which really wasn't playing nice in general, 2) did a system restore because while trying to uninstall bitdefender it wiped out my connection to my modem, 3) got a great little program called 'Your Uninstaller' and nuked bitdefender. Went back to AVG and all is now fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users