Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unauthorized Publisher AND Integrity Violations in Win.Resource Protection

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MoaLivesMatter

MoaLivesMatter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:05 PM

Hello!  

I was having problems with my video GE Force Experience driver and their support suggested making a new admin account because my computer wouldn't download or update a previously workable driver. I have only one user on my computer in which I am already an admin.  When I tried to make another user authorized as an admin, this warning popped up:

User Account Control

Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?

User OOBE Create Elevated Object Server

Publisher: Unknown

File origin: Hard drive on this computer

CLSID:{CA8C87C1-929D-45BA-94DB-EF8E6CB346AD}

It wanted authorization to make changes to the computer and wanted me to authorize it or deny it.  I denied it so, I was unable to make another user account. I went to my original user account to see what it would say if I clicked to change it from an admin account to a regular account (which I wouldn't have done at that point, just wanted to see what would pop up if anything) and this warning popped up:

User Account Control

Do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?

User Accounts Control Panel

Publisher: Unknown

File origin: Hard drive on this computer

CLSID: {86D5EB8A-859F-4C7B-A76B-2BD819B7A850

It also wanted authorization to make changes to the computer and wanted me to authorize it or deny it.  I denied it also, 

I've been using this computer since September of last year when I built it and this has never happened before.  I ran Windows Resource Protection using sfc /scannow and after scanning it said, "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.".  I am not sure what to do at this point.  Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Moa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

It may take 2 or 3 attempts for SFC to fix all the corruption it finds, so you might run it again

Another option is running the free tool SFCFix from Systnative, which can often fix corruption SFC cannot.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/sfcfix.html

Failing that, you might try the DISM options in this article from TenForums...

http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7808-dism-repair-windows-10-image.html

Edited by jwoods301, 22 June 2017 - 08:36 PM.

#3 MoaLivesMatter

MoaLivesMatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:33 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I tried running the SFC three more times and it says the same thing.  I then was going to try the SFCFix from Systnative and when I was going to start it there was a warning saying that if you are running with a known infection, not to use it.  So, my next question is, do you think there might be an infection? I ran Malwarebytes and Kaspersky and they came out clean. Should I proceed with the SFCFix? Thank you.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 AM

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:22 PM

I'm not sure why you would need to create a separate Admin account to download and update drivers.

OOBE is Out of Box Experience and is ususally seen when a user first installs Windows.

I think the message is a result of the corruption SFC can't fix.

You can do the following to scan for malware...

Download and run AdwCleaner -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

Download and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware -

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimalware/

Download and run Junkware Removal Tool -

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

Create a System Restore point first.

Then, if the results come back clean, run SFCFix and/or DISM...your choice.

Edited by jwoods301, 22 June 2017 - 11:32 PM.

#5 MoaLivesMatter

MoaLivesMatter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:04 AM

I ran Malwarebytes and Kaspersky twice and they showed no threats.  I'll try SFCFix or DISM.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Press the Windows key  and the X key, in the menu that opens click or tap on Command Prompt (Admin).  This will open the Elevated Command prompt.

Copy and paste the command below in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Restart the computer to complete the repair.

Edited by dc3, 24 June 2017 - 02:15 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users